Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

New Home Inspection

Page 1 of 1
Can someone recomend the service of a house inspector that does new home inspection as well?
Any help would be much appreciated.
and you are from?????
located in sydney
You've probably already sorted this out but just in case, Jerry Tyrell is one of the most professional about and knows exactly all the issues.

Tyrells Property Inspections
183 A Victoria Rd Gladesville 2111 (02) 9816 9911

Beware building Consultants as some are complete idiots that only want to pump you up into unending litigation and volumes of irrelevant reports. Tyrells is NOT one of these.
Thanks Builda.
I have sorted this already, but I am sure someone else might find the information of use,
Builda, Can you recomend some qulified and reputable building inspector in Melbourne, I need to organize it for our buiding. Thanks
CH Group in Carrum Downs (03) 9775 087. Principals are Andrew and Peter. THey are Building Surveyors, not building consultants and personally I believe that is the way to go.

There are no regulations governing any of these self proclaimed expert 'building consultants' and from my experience some of them simply pump up home owners over spurious 'defects' so that they get engaged for the long, protracted and very expensive litigation that they recommend the home owner embark on. I do not know a decent one in Melbourne.

That is why I recommend a reputable and independent building surveyor/inspector. These guys are very thorough and will not miss stuff. In terms of protecting your legal liability this is very important.

Regardless where you are, give them a call as they can usually arrange inspections anywhere and if they cannot they will know who can. If you have a specific issue that may need an engineers advice then they can sort this out as well and ensure you are going in the right direction.

Good luck!
Thanks builda, I am not sure this company can building inspection because you say they are building surveyor. and also the phone no. you provided is not complete. So I had a search and came up with this contact

C.H. Group Pty Ltd
Level 1, 2 Rutherford Road
Seaford VIC 3198
Phone: 03 9775 0871
Fax: 03 9775 0867

please confirm if this is what you recommend.
That is the one - sorry about the phone number!

They can do inspections and reports and are qualified to do so, as opposed to some of the self confessed 'experts' that deposit themselves throughout VCAT hearings every week.

Give them a call and see how you go. If thay cannot do the specific inspection then they will no someone who can.
Related
20/06/2023
What's unreasonable to check during a final inspection ?

Building A New House

i would suggest nothing is unreasonable for PCI. we did all sorts, including checking the hot water, checking all the GPO's had power, testing that the showers were…

11/07/2023
Building inspection after 90 Day Defect period

Building A New House

you need to understand the breakdown of warranties. 90 warranty is considered as minor defects rectification period where as the longer ones are more major/structural…

18/08/2023
Sewer Inspection Point

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi, I have this sewer inspection point sitting in an odd spot in the rear of my yard: https://imgur.com/ghLI98q What I'd like to do is put a firepit in that corner of…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum