Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Colour question...HELP :)

Page 1 of 1
I have a dilemma. We are getting a mix of plantation shutters, roman blinds and panel blinds in our house. My problem is the family/dining/kitchen, this is an open area. I have chosen an off white, self striped fabric for the roman blind (side window) and panel blinds (bi-folds). In the small windows either side of the bi-folds I want plantation shutters (pref off-white), there is also a void in the kitchen which will have a plantation shutter. I don't know what colour to get the plantion for the void. I want off white wondow coverings through the house but the kitchen is white and I am afraid if I get off-white it will look 'dirty'. But if I get white in the kitchen and off white shutters in the family will it look strange ?

I have included some pics. Congrats if you got this far

This is looking from the kitchen into the family are with the dining to the far left.

This is the kitchen

This is to give an idea of the wall/skirting colours. The walls are Wattyl 'scallopine' and the skirtings are 'chalkdust"
I see your doors are timber….nice choice! Love your paint colour choices as well. Well done!

There are SOOOO many variations to white now I’m surprised people aren’t pulling their hair out!!

Are your Plantation Shutters natural timber?

I’m a little confused reading your post. If you are stuck on colours, try to keep the shutters all the one colour. To me they should be a natural timber to accent your timber doors.

If there is an element of timber in a room I think it looks classy.

Do you have timber furniture for these rooms?
Ok just saw your having off white shutters……sorry!!!!

Stick with the all OFF WHITE throughout, no need for your kitchen to look different.

I have seen people go crazy trying to get the simplest decoration to match; in your case it’s not necessary!

All the one colour will look the best, if you start chopping and changing it will look unprofessional.
We have dark timber furniture, cream couches, dark dining table and vintage oak floorboards.

I was trying to stay away from timber shutters as I thought they may have been too dark, the bi-fold has now been stained "jarrah"
Your wall colour gives you a perfect backdrop for any colour selection.

If you already have a timber element (bi-fold) and this is the ONLY one you have…..how do you think it will look???

I’m serious here; think about it for a minute.
OK rellie you had your minute, if you want to stay away from timber, keep all other window dressings colours the same.

By changing your kitchen dressing just to match your benchtop will give your kitchen a look of its own. In a large open plan room, with ALL windows visible this is not a good move.

Hope this has helped?
Hmmm, now I am even more confused
Should I go for timber shutters on either side of the bi-folds and then have neutral panel blinds/roman blinds and a white shutter in the void ?
That sounds PERFECT!!!!
Thanks for help Michelle

I find it very hard to see the 'big picture' sometimes
My pleasure….I hope it has helped you TO see the big picture.

Your kitchen looks nice, love your paint work, can’t wait to see more photos
Related
8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

26/02/2024
Need help on wall colour selection

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, we have classic cream gutters, fascia’s, roller door and undercover carport. We are are going to paint the roof a terracotta orange colour. After some…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum