Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

How to get rid of acid in bricks

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,i need help how to remove acid from the brick,the cleaner cleaned our brick 8 or more weeks ago and our brick is turning orange in colour,is there any chance that the acid can be removed,thanks in advance
betsy
Hi there,i need help how to remove acid from the brick,the cleaner cleaned our brick 8 or more weeks ago and our brick is turning orange in colour,is there any chance that the acid can be removed,thanks in advance

Hi there, I read on a bricking website (this is for green staining...but could be the same) in a bucket fill with water and add to that bicarb soda (I don't know quantities) and scrub them down with a bristle brush. Then wash off with clean water.
Check out the austral brick website, they have some good suggestions on there.
Related
16/12/2023
Brick Problems - Acid Burn?

Building A New House

I am not a brick expert, but rendering would be 1 option, it would be costly to do the entire house though....

26/01/2024
Caustic acid bleach on driveway

General Discussion

Hi. My son cleaned a oil spill with ' CRC oil fighter stain remover' on a coloured n sealed driveway. It has now left white bleaching stains that we can't get out. Any…

3/11/2023
How hot/cold does a sunroom get?

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Depends how much direct sun it gets. Is there any shading (eaves or trees)? If the sun hits a window directly it doesn't matter too much if it's double or single…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum