Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Phone connection new house

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I am about to have handover of my first home
I asked my SS and he said that it looks like my phone connection is from the pit to the house, as per the image below is appears that could be the case but from what I have read you usually have to get that done after handover... am I wrong or have I just got myself a freebe?

Maybe your builder has organised this for you. We haven't had handover yet but we did organise recently with Telstra for them to connect the line and what not. We have a little thing exactly like yours but it did cost $299!
yeah I do still expect to pay the $299 but I thought it would be a further $300+ to connect it to the house
cheetah
yeah I do still expect to pay the $299 but I thought it would be a further $300+ to connect it to the house

you have had the NTD and been cabled to the pit and if you had any telephone wires poking out at that point it is now connected. you should only pay $299.. that is if you don't need your cabler to return to do the first point
Errr... what's NTD and can you post that pic again cheetah?
Lex
Errr... what's NTD and can you post that pic again cheetah?

Network Termination Device it is the Demarcation point for the telephone network one side is Telsras resposiblity, other side is cablers like myself responsibilty
Right. So, where does it go? On the wall of the house? Who installs it? Who pays for it (I'm sensing the answer
)? And all wires going into the external world are Telstra's responsibility, while all wires going into the house are my (ie. my hired cabler's) responsibility?
Lex
Right. So, where does it go? On the wall of the house? Who installs it? Who pays for it (I'm sensing the answer
)? And all wires going into the external world are Telstra's responsibility, while all wires going into the house are my (ie. my hired cabler's) responsibility?

External wall near the mains

Telstra/ their contractor

You pay for it in the $299 first connection fee

And yes...
hmm a bit strange about the image getting lost, i only uploaded yesterday. I have uploaded a new one now
Pugs
cheetah

you have had the NTD and been cabled to the pit and if you had any telephone wires poking out at that point it is now connected. you should only pay $299.. that is if you don't need your cabler to return to do the first point

Thanks for the advice, I will call telstra next week
Thanks cheetah, the pic is not back on.
i can see it
Hahaha, sorry, I was going to write "is now back on" and didn't notice that I typed "is not back on"

Thanks! (is double checking that all is typed as intended ...)
Related
10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

22/12/2023
Water main connection

Building A New House

Hi all I'm currently building a duplex in Sydney and we need to do a new water connection to the second unit. The water main is on the other side of the road so we need…

26/06/2023
New House

Building A New House

Yes well there solution is to blame everyone else while I a 65yr old woman with major medical problems have to just continue to boil water and wash myself in a bucket…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum