Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Primeline Hardiplank weather vs wood weatherboards

Page 1 of 1
Does anybody know of a www discussion on the comparison between Primeline Hardiplank weather vs wood weatherboards. We are rebuilding (a weatherboard house) after a house fire and looking for advice.
There is no comparison!

Primeline HardiPlank is resistant to moisture, rotting, termites and fire when installed and maintained as directed. Why would you use wood again?

Go to James Hardies website for more info.
Have alook at Weathertex cladding. Its made from hardwood and has a 25 years guarantee against rotting, splitting or termites. It has been proven to outlast Hardiplank and other fibre-cement type cladding
There are also different profiles of cladding made in primed treated pine
Does anyone know what the insulative properties of the Hardiplank or Weathertex are compared to radially cut wood? How would the weight compare??
We are thinking of getting a pole house built, and I like the idea of getting something more fire resistant, but the pole structure requires relatively light walls.
Thoughts?
Weathertex plus R1.5 sarking is about R1.7. I'm not sure about fibre-cement but I imagine it to be about the same. A 300mm cover x 3660mm Weathertex board weighs approx. 10kg.
Hope this helps a little
Related
7/06/2023
Radiant or Convection Wood Fire

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

We are tossing up between a Jarrahdale radiant wood fire (the Pioneer) and a convection wood fire (Innovator or Countryman) but cannot decide on which type of wood fire is…

16/11/2023
Plaster meets wood - how to fill

Building A New House

yeah i couldnt picture it issue either, but i could clearly picture what they were doing wrong haha

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum