Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

What colour to paint the fence???

Page 1 of 1
We have recently rendered our house and are painting it Dulux Mud Pack.

The question is what colour do we paint the timber fence surrounding the property? The front of the fence is in line with the front of the house so I thought it would look better the same colour as the house?? so it flows better

We are also having the timber fence sprayed around the backyard - so I dont want the paint colour to make it look smaller or too boxed in - although we have a huge backyard.

Would this be better the same colour as the house of slightly different? We are planning to plant in front of the fences.

thanks!!!
A dark colour makes your fence less obvious and is ideal when you're going to plant in front of it.
I'm not sure I'd bother if you're planting in front anyway. Is it a standard paling fence or lap and cap? Do the neighbours have gardens yet? I know people who've been quite miffed by paint coming through the gaps onto their plants.
Related
8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

22/05/2023
How to brace a colourbond fence that wobbles

Outdoor Living

Yes i guess this is one of the main reason as i checked one post foundation

13/06/2023
Sound Proof Modular Fence recommendations

Outdoor Living

Hi We have a road close to our place and only an old flimsy wooden fence between us and the Neighbour closest to the road. Any ideas on a sound proof modular fence. Like…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum