Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Modular walls/fences - prices?

Page 2 of 2
suh
Oh hello kyton
my gorgeous stalker
she knows all about me .... and she's right. We have these along the back of our yard. It cost $6000 for 9 panels, not cheap and there is only one supplier in Newcastle so they have it pretty well wrapped up here.

Suh, what's the length the panels covered? We are considering a modular fence that way it can easily be painted and changed at any time.

We are still undecided on a fence. Fence I want is just under $10K.
KnockItDown
I have seen blue board used to achieve a similar result as well.

Treated pine internals clad in blue board and then painted with texture paint

Unless you saw it being built you wouldn't pick it as not being a brick rendered fence.

Do you reckon any fencing company should be able to meet this request at perhaps a fraction of the cost of a modular wall? Someone nearby did a couple of there fences using this method but we are not game enough to attempt it ourselves.
We recently installed these wall panels and have not had a great experience with them, and the lack of help has caused me to write this review. They were very helpful before we paid, but after, not at all. They are extremely money hungry.

Firstly, they told us they had stock, until we paid, then they didn't. Then they gave us rusted posts. Then they gave us a post that was too short. All the while, we had to arrange to pick these up as Modular Walls wanted something like $200 to deliver from the same city, about 45 mins away. We paid a driver $50 each time to pick up, or I picked up myself.

Then, we noticed that all of the mid-section panels were a different color to the top and bottom panels (we got 3 section panels, and the top and bottom panels were 900mm tall each and the middle ones were 600mm). We painted the panels immediately, as you need to paint them within 120 days, according to ModWalls. IWhile trying to select the colors for the posts, and about 9 months after install, we noticed mold coming up on the 600mm panels only. these were the panels that were a different color originally. We spoke to the guy we'd been dealing with at Modular Walls the whole time, and he asked for pics. I showed him photos and he agreed that it was surface mold and told us how to take care of it. Again, this was only about 9 months after install!! They also come with a supposed 10 year warranty,.....hmmm.

I emailed back and told him we'd want these replaced, and that was about 3 weeks ago, and not a peep out of him since. Hows that for ethical products and service?

So I called Taubmans, whose paint we used for this fence, and asked if there was a better paint for surfaces with mold and they said we already used the best. I sent the before & after photos of the fence and panels, and they said that this issue was caused from the panels being left outside in the wet and is the cause of the mold. Obviously these 600mm panels were on a pallet that ModWalls decided to palm off to us, a small customer, as they were damaged from being left outside.

I am furious, after paying over $7000 for these panels, then the labour and paint costs, only for Modular Walls not to give a crap that they dogded us. You can see the pics here: https://imgur.com/a/SZdEwqQ . You can see the wall if embarrassingly and terribly moldy. This has been painted with Taubmans All Weather paint, which is the best you can get, as I made sure to get the best for what was supposed to be an amazing wall. We're stuck with this eyesore now. We will now have to apply mold killer on it, and repaint it, and hope for the best.

I recommend staying away from these guys. They pretend they care until you pay, then they leave you in the lurch.
That's a very poor experience you've had. We got a Vogue Wall 12 months ago and no problems with it. 2m high and 21m long, cost us $7.5k including removal of our old fence.

https://imgur.com/a/3sSzggA
enzso
That's a very poor experience you've had. We got a Vogue Wall 12 months ago and no problems with it. 2m high and 21m long, cost us $7.5k including removal of our old fence.

https://imgur.com/a/3sSzggA

Oh that's awesome! In the pic, it looks like you have some water stains on the joints? I'm only asking asking as I was worried initially that water would get in and expand the joints as I've seen in a few other walls, but so far, so good. The mold sucks though, after only 9 months.
https://imgur.com/a/3sSzggA[/quote:26ru3g6f]
Oh that's awesome! In the pic, it looks like you have some water stains on the joints? I'm only asking asking as I was worried initially that water would get in and expand the joints as I've seen in a few other walls, but so far, so good. The mold sucks though, after only 9 months.[/quote:26ru3g6f]

Could be water stains but haven't caused us any issues.
enzso
https://imgur.com/a/3sSzggA[/quote:26ru3g6f]
Oh that's awesome! In the pic, it looks like you have some water stains on the joints? I'm only asking asking as I was worried initially that water would get in and expand the joints as I've seen in a few other walls, but so far, so good. The mold sucks though, after only 9 months.[/quote:26ru3g6f]

Could be water stains but haven't caused us any issues.

Oh that's good. The wall looks amazing! I will be applying mold killer to ours next week as it's raining for a while now, and hopefully we can get at least a good 12 months out of it. It was our 'lifetime' fence, so it's kind of a huge blow for us, but we'll just have to budget for someone to come annually to repaint and apply mold killer when we're old and can't do it anymore I suppose!
Related
13/06/2023
Sound Proof Modular Fence recommendations

Outdoor Living

Hi We have a road close to our place and only an old flimsy wooden fence between us and the Neighbour closest to the road. Any ideas on a sound proof modular fence. Like…

17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum