Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Results - external paint colours (esp. tranquil retreat)

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I am a young female building a house on my own in WA, and have found this forum to be fantastic in doing my research!!

I have heard that the paint colours chosen for front render on a house look a little lighter than expected when complete (due to a large space and lots of light) and was wondering if anyone had this experience?

I would love to use Dulux Tranquil Retreat for the front of my house (with a dark door and window frames), but I'm worried it may be too light.

Any thoughts are most appreciated!
Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You can get your outside render colour tinted darker. For example we had ours tinted 200%. You just need to check with the paint people that your colour can be tinted darker.

I would also suggest you get some sample pots and paint some card and have a look at them in all different lights and sun outside.
Hi Jaelee

Thanks for your response

I have painted all sorts of card and looked at them in direct sunlight and at night, I guess I'm finding it hard to be 'certain'.

Thanks for the tinting advice, I'll definitely look into that also.

Have a good one
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

31/12/2023
Backyard retreat or Granny Flat?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I think I know the answer but just checking to see if anyone has had experience with it. I want to build a small 20 square metre retreat in my backyard, it will have a…

5/02/2024
Provincial style hone external colours

Building A New House

The Dulux colour consultants are awesome. If you show them the photos they should be able to figure it out for you straight away

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum