Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Westminster Homes

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone! I'm new here and would like to to ask around about Westminster homes. We plan to build a double brick house in Southern Sydney suburb sometime next year and we are thinking of using Westminster homes. There are not many builder who wants to build double brick house so we do not have many options. Is there anyone here who have experience dealing with Westminster homes before? Any suggestion or comments will be appreciated. Thank you!
Hey GC,
This is very late ! Am new to this site, just registered ! You've probably completed your project by now... Can you provide any info on the Sydney builder you went with... Or any info on your selection process... Hope it went well... Sounds like lots of horror stories out there... Makes you wonder why Government can't legislate to protect clients better than the pathetic cover we have now !

Thanx
I'd be interested to hear about it also. Did you end up going with Westminster?

Regards
Hi, you might be surprise but from the point I wrote that post until now (Feb 07) we haven't built our house YET! The quotation that we received from Westminster is unbelievebly expensive. Then we shop around - choose between Mirvac, Edenbrae Homes and wincrest. Their prices is quite similar, however with these 3 builders we are unable to use our own layout. So we only adjust what they already have. After much consideration, we choose Wincrest and the process has been going on until last Jan. Our DA has been approved, and so on - and we ready to received the final contract when they give us a list of variations which "arise" from DA application - another 7-15K! We feel * as they should done their homework before apply to the DA. Also their customer service is so bad we have to chase everthing. So we decided to pospone and probably cancelled as we already fed up with them . From last Jan 07 to now (Feb 07) we shop around AGAIN~ and found Urbanstyle Homes, which are willing to do our own layout, seems enthusiastic and reasonable price. To summerise - it was quite a nightmare but we hope we already seen a light at the end of the tunnel now! Have anyone built with Urbanstyle homes before?
Groovy_chix,

How long have Urbanstyle Homes been in business?

Cheers,
Casa
Hi Casa, I have checked their licence start from 2005. They have display homes in Elderslie and I seen they have several houses built in their websites. Have you heard about this company?
Hi Groovy_chix,

The first I've heard of Urbanstyle Homes is from you. I checked out their website and noted that they are having the Grand Opening of their display home this Saturday. I will proabably go and see it on Saturday afternoon and ask some questions regarding them building a custom design house.

I'm very intrigued. How did you find out that their license started in2005?

Cheers,
Casa
Hello Casa,In regard to licence checks.You can go onto the Fair Trading site and check on any Builder or tradesman (including myself)to see if their licence is current and if they have had any problems .
I assumet his is how Groovy_chix did her check on Urbanstyle.It is quite common to do so in my experience.I have cut some personal details out of the example below but this is part of what shows up about Urbanstyle Homes. Regards Terry

i) Name: URBANSTYLE HOMES PTY LTD
Date of Birth: **********
Business Address: 597 CHURCH STREET
NORTH PARRAMATTA 2151
(ii) Licence Number: 175990C
The licence authorises the holder to contract to do :

BUILDING, from 19/08/2005 up to and including the date of this certificate.

(iii) Date of Issue: 19/08/2005
Expiry Date: 19/08/2007
(iv) Conditions:
ONLY FOR CONTRACTS NOT REQUIRING HOME WARRANTY INSURANCE from 19/08/2005 to 04/10/2005.

(
Many thanks Terry. The Fair Trading site is interesting.
Hi there

Have had them in the BB register for a while but no reviews. Perhaps they are still quite new (given 2005 registration) and so not many people have built with them.

If you go with them it will be interesting to see what they're like.

Whats the thing about 'Only for contracts without warranty insurance' ?

Regards
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum