Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Fanaway- does it work well in your home?

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Was wondering if anyone has actually installed the Fanaway in their home? There are a few topics on this fan in the forum. However noone has actually commented how they have found them once installed in their home. If you have one could you please comment on how bright the light is, how quiet the fan is, the airflow of the fan and how stable it is when fan is on (moving around a lot or not?)?
Thank you.
yeah I'd like to know the same...

I thought they were so gimicky when they came out, but now I "get them" and they are super cool!!!
We have a fanaway in our family room. The light is big and bright and lights up the big room. It is quiet and I don't think the fan moves around much. I would say the airflow is good but not great.

An extra bonus is if you have the fan on, tv on and the lights off it makes really cool shadows on the ceiling. Also a cool gadget to show off to your friends when they come over.
Thanks dstann
You wouldn't happen to have a photo of what it looks like in your house? It's one thing to look at it in the store or in a catalogue, but it's so much better seeing it in someone's house because you get such a better idea of what it could be like in yours.
Thanks again.
I have four fanaways in my home, two in the living room and one in each bedroom. They work very well and I'm glad I chose them. The light is bright, they are quiet and I find the airflow to be great but admittedly they're in pretty small spaces and the living/dining room has two so they don't have to work too hard either. Initially I thought they would be too large and overpowering in my small bedrooms but they're fine. The light/fan is very stable. My electrician was hesitant putting them in at first but he loved them, their connections match clipsal so he was able to change all the light switches for me and put two of them on the one switch which makes everything a lot neater.

And just like dstann says, they're a lot of fun to show off to your friends!

Hopefully the photo link works, it is my living room but the light isn't great this time of night.

Related
21/06/2023
Dry Well in the backyard

Landscape & Garden Design

It's possible but a soak well is usually much larger. Your 'soak well' only holds 424 litres when full. What is your soil type? Soak wells need sandy soils.

21/02/2024
Soak Well Suggestions

Landscape & Garden Design

Finally got the Soakwell at my house sucked out. Now I’m looking for ideas on how to hide it as it’s a bit of an eye sore. I’m thinking I’d like to turf over the…

29/04/2023
Safe Work methods

General Discussion

Block of two storey townhouses requires painting on the roof. A brick parapet wall separates each unit and extends above the tiled roof. The parapet walls require sealing…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum