Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Which pool design do you DISLIKE the most? (pic heavy)

Page 1 of 2
Hi, I am having heaps of trouble designing my pool. Having an aqua rock pool with rock waterfall
all my life, I have decided on going totally opposite with the dark royal blue colour, a sprout type water feature (not a waterfall out of a wall) and a geometric design. It's also going to be a cute size of 7m x 4m (even if it's not rectangle, they all average out to be 7x4).

I will be having a frameless glass bulastrade, but I havent added it on these pics. Also going to have
the white rocks/pebbles on the right hand side with some tall pots and a small plant in each. The 'cabana'
type thing will actually be enclosed with 2 walls and a roof (the back one and he one on the right).

Sorry about the bad Google Sketchup and Paint pics, but here are 6 designs I have come up with
and I want you to choose the one you DISLIKE the most. Since I cant decide on much at the moment
I will get rid of the one that is voted worst here, to make it easier for me

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Six
Number 1 is my fave......we had a similar design with the andy jets(the ones out of the ground) just no cabana for me but yours looks fantastic.
Well done on using sketchup, you have done really well.
Its a pool area so I would have maximum pool for the area
gweluphome
Number 1 is my fave......we had a similar design with the andy jets(the ones out of the ground) just no cabana for me but yours looks fantastic.
Well done on using sketchup, you have done really well.
Its a pool area so I would have maximum pool for the area

Hehe Great, well I have actually put them up in the order I like them. 1 being the one I like
best!
I equally dislike 2-6 as I like the first one the best
Number 2 wastes swimming space so I like it the least but number 4 is close behind. The little add on bits seem a total waste of water pool area and because of the changes in direction i can only imagine it would cost more. They don't seem to serve any purpose
kexkez
Number 2 wastes swimming space so I like it the least but number 4 is close behind. The little add on bits seem a total waste of water pool area and because of the changes in direction i can only imagine it would cost more. They don't seem to serve any purpose

Thats exactly what everyone has told me, and my partner dislikes it too, but always good to hear it from
others! Thanks.
Personally I dislike 2 than 6. My favourite is number 1!
EKT
I equally dislike 2-6 as I like the first one the best

This.
I love the design of number one!

Looks like somewhere you could spend many hours relaxing
1 or 3 are the best for sure.
As everyone else has said, it allows a bigger 'pool' area and makes better use of the space.
I think I actually prefer 3, as the jets might get annoying spraying into the middle of the pool, if you just want to have a nice relaxing swim, whereas in 3 all the jets are up one end so you can just swim around in the other end.
(Lets be honest, all of us have a friend who hates getting her hair wet when shes swimming!)
Number 6 is the worst in my view....straight away i was just like, yuck
I like No. 1 and No. 5
with 5 you get more room for entertaining or outdoor setting.
I think 2 wastes swimming space with the fountain. Even though i like the look of it, its not practical

there for i would go with number one
NatB
1 or 3 are the best for sure.
As everyone else has said, it allows a bigger 'pool' area and makes better use of the space.
I think I actually prefer 3, as the jets might get annoying spraying into the middle of the pool, if you just want to have a nice relaxing swim, whereas in 3 all the jets are up one end so you can just swim around in the other end.
(Lets be honest, all of us have a friend who hates getting her hair wet when shes swimming!)

Yeh that's me
. The jets would only be a 'fun' once in a while thing, they wont be on all the time
I think!

Thanks everyone for your input. I think 1 is the way to go. Suh sorry to bother you but how big
is your cabana (undercover)? Im not good with visualising sizes. Mine is going to be 4mx5m , and at the back of the pool its actualy 2.5m x 3m which will be paved so there is more room than what the pic shows I guess (to sun
bake hehe). Behind the cabana will just be storage and for the pump etc. I'm only thinking of having
2 sun lounges behind the pool and in the cabana wicker outdoor setting (sofa, coffee table, 2 single's) as we are
having the alfresco with the outdoor dining setting and bbq area.
Will have to check
Suh,

That pool area is stunning!! We are planning on having something similar, in what looks like a very similar sized space.

What size is your pool?

mandystoj.....the cabana is 4 x 3

Thanks bobbin_84
the pool 8 x 4
I like 3 and 5, least fave is 4.
number three. You can't sit there and have water squirted "at" you. not cool, not good Feng Shui

Number three I think is going to offer the best view from the seated area
I like number three as well
Lucky girl, i'd love to have a pool, but unfortunately all i'll fit into my place is probably a wading pool
Related
23/02/2024
Am I too heavy for the roof cavity?

General Discussion

Firstly, if your house is still under builder's warranty (10 years in Victoria) you should have no need to crawl into roof space but let the builder handle it, unless you…

28/11/2023
Heavy windows with bent reveals

Windows & Doors

What size are the windows, double or single glazed, can I have a pic of the full windows inside & out? If you can see packers please take a pic.

24/09/2023
Most affordable paint brand

General Discussion

Thank you. That is really helpful. Once we get the place done and passed for OC we can upgrade in the future once we get back on our feet and not paying mortgage and rent.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum