Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

AV Jennings or Newstart ? Thoughts please! =)

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys, first time poster.. I am looking to build a new house in the next few months, and have found an AV Jennings design we are extremely happy with, and were going to go with them, until we came across Newstart Homes. They offer the same square meterage for about 16 grand less.. and are willing for us to completely redesign the interior to suit our needs,PLUS they have a Colorbond roof as standard ( i much prefer that over tiles)

I was just looking for anyones comment or thoughts on the build quality, or stories of using Newstart homes.. are they reputable? is the quality there? if so, why are they so much cheaper?

any help wouldbe greatly appreciated.

Regards
Steve McGee
Hey Steve,

I am also building a house in WA very soon and have been doing some homework. From what i have seen there can be different reasons why some are cheaper than others. One reason which might apply to these guys is that they are not as big as the others and probably dont spend as much onadvertising and building display homes?? I may be wrong. One thing i have noticed between builders is what they include as a standard, e.g. paving, doors and using a lesser quality of products like taps and appliances. Obviously all these sort of things can be upgraded to what you prefer but at a cost.

Which house are you looking at building and whats the cost so far?

Dave
go to the fair trading website and look up their license number for complaints, etc

i dont know much about the second mob, but i would not be going with AV Jennings personally...nor the majority of major companies

the reason for this is mainly cost but i also have serious issues with quality of materials used and general reliability
Related
3/02/2024
Color Thoughts | Renovators Delight

Finishing Touch

Were struck with: Colorbond Ironstone Grey roof and cream windows. What color should we render and paint the garage door to tone down the cream windows? Farm House, will…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum