Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Mandalay - Beveridge

Page 1 of 5
Is anybody building out there?

My partner and I are looking into it...just waiting to see if the financials will allow it, but curious to see if there's anyone else on here doing so
There's a few of us a bit further out at Wallan, but from memory there's no-one from the forum building at Mandalay.
I had a look at the blocks there recently on the way up to my house..... estate looks nice, but it seems really expensive.
Ironcially we are going there because it was cheaper for us. We were originally looking at Mernda. We'll wind up with a bigger block for cheaper (by about 30k...unless we want a golf course viewing block) so it worked for us.

My parents are actually building in Wallara Waters, so i'll be spending a bit of time up there as well
There's a few Wallara Waters people floating around here. I'm in Hidden valley. We looked at Mernda as well..... but for the size block we wanted it was much better to go up the Hume.

Welcome to the forum by the way.
Lol thank you

Yeah you'd need to buy 2 or 3 blocks of Mernda land to get something near Hidden Valley size wouldn't you? How big is yours?
1639m2. We have big dogs.... and are loud.

Mandalay will have a bus service into Wallan I think.
Yeah a bus into Wallan and Crazyburn if the lady in the sales office is anything to go off

What kind of dogs do you have? We've got 2 Bernese Mountain Dogs...and a pug
One of the members building in Wallara Waters has a Bernese. Beautiful dogs. I have a Kangal, a Maremma and a Belgian Shepherd. You may have to google.
Yeah that'd be my mum and dad with the Berner lol. They have the sister to my 2 girls.

I think I will have to google them...can't say as i've heard of them lol
Wow I really like the Kangal and Maremma. Are they sooky cuddly dogs?
Oh I follow your mum's blog!

Yeah big sooks... especially the Kangal.
He would like to sit on my knee all day.

Protective of us, but super friendly.
hehe that's like Sorcha, the eldest of ours. She likes sitting on your feet and if you're on the couch she'll sit on you.
A step closer now...should hopefully be able to put our deposit on the land in the next week with luck
Paying our deposit tomorrow

So now we just need some neighbours
Well I now own 5% of my block
Congrats Twiggy
How exciting
How big is your block??? We've driven passed Mandalay a few times, but never actually had a proper look.
Thank you

Ours is a 612m block (18x34). We've got a couple of bigger blocks around us, but sa'll good
We were looking at a slightly larger one, but it had an easement on it, wheras this one didn't so we went for this one
Cool
We chose a block without an easement over one with an easement too. Makes sense, means you're not limited to what you can and cant do on it. How long until you start building?
oooh i've not seen this estate, might have to go for a drive later today!
Well the awesome part is we get to wait until August till the land titles. So ahh that's what about 9 months? Yeah it'll be a very long, torturous wait I think. The upside though is it gives us time to fix our current house up a little to get some more money for selling and we're not quite as rushed in that aspect.

Feel free to drive out there, just be prepared to go for some swimming in mud
The roads are pretty limited at the moment, as stage 1 has only just started building, so the rest of the roads will come in time. It's so quiet out there though. It's odd to get used to...although that won't last too long at a guess
Related
You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum