Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

What are you sick of seeing?

Page 19 of 28
I'm getting sick of seeing threads started in general discussion that should plainly be posted in the relative forums to the topic.
haywgl
suh
Oh donuts
don't worry I have plantation shutters and spiky plants

I have both of those and;
- a study at the front of the house
- an all white kitchen
- a garage used as husbands man cave and thus no cars parked in it

Probably a dozen more listed too!!

Can I also add that we have a garage full of work stuff (man cave)
white kitchen
glass splashback
wooden steps to the front door
strange modern architecture features

and a host of other things that are named in this thread

I wouldnt change a thing because i love all of them...well maybe the man cave could go

Mrs B
Mrs B
haywgl
suh
Oh donuts

- an all white kitchen

white kitchen
glass splashback

I wouldnt change a thing because i love all of them...well maybe the man cave could go

Mrs B

Mrs B, you have to have a man cave. Just think what sort of state your kitchen/study/living rooms would be in otherwise.
You are so right kek! Well maybe the 'man cave' can stay

Why is it that every time I hear that word 'man cave' it just makes me shiver with horror...a place where no female should ever venture

mrs b
Mrs B
haywgl
suh
Oh donuts

- an all white kitchen

white kitchen
glass splashback

Mrs B

Quote:
........I wouldnt change a thing because i love all of them

and nor should you or anyone else for that matter Mrs B ..........we all have our own tastes & as long as you enjoy them, who cares what others ( or even I ) think
Miniscule secondary bedrooms - especially with massive master suites that take up more space than all the other beds combined.
Loos that back onto bedroom or living walls.
Doorless rooms/robes/ensuites.
Building estates with no trees on the nature strips

most new estates have all the utilites underground so why no greenery?????
mecha-wombat

isn't it because they're just new?
most new estates I see have baby trees growing. go back in a few years and they'll be big. mind you I havent been in a new estate for a while, maybe they don't plant them these days?
donuts
mecha-wombat

most new estates I see have baby trees growing. go back in a few years and they'll be big. mind you I havent been in a new estate for a while, maybe they don't plant them these days?

This is the second recent post that's mentioned new estates with no nature strip trees.
Where are these places? Our council has strict requirements for developers, and that includes landscaping nature strips and other public areas. We had lawn and trees on the nature strips in our street before the first slabs were even poured.
Trinia
Loos that back onto bedroom or living walls.
That's why we have insulation in all internal walls. Cant hear a thing
Not to mention our house holds the heat in during winter so well that sometimes we dont need to turn the heater on when it's freezing outside... hoping for the same thing during summer.

Like everyone else who's said it before... I'm sick of MUD. Took the dogs for a big walk this morning, we only stuck to the roads... and they're both completely covered in mud!!! Cant wait til our stage of this estate is finished...
Sick of seeing a street full of cars parked out the front of houses with an empty double garage or a garage full of junk.
I'm sick of seeing my unfinished backyard - I need to win tattslotto so I can afford to finish it all off.
kek
donuts
mecha-wombat

This is the second recent post that's mentioned new estates with no nature strip trees.
Where are these places? Our council has strict requirements for developers, and that includes landscaping nature strips and other public areas. We had lawn and trees on the nature strips in our street before the first slabs were even poured.

yeah it is western sydney Oran Park is just putting some in also none in Middleton grange and the old Glenwood estate at Parklea has NONE
I'm sick of our current neighbours - two of them one each end,, parking their trailers at the front of their house and using them as a skip for OVER a month....unsecured
mpcj
I'm sick of our current neighbours - two of them one each end,, parking their trailers at the front of their house and using them as a skip for OVER a month....unsecured

OMG Thats Mr B
he has this nasty looking trailor out front of our house and I absoutely loathe it
Its like his man cave, he has to have a trailor as well to feel complete.

Mrs B
Mrs B
mpcj

OMG Thats Mr B
he has this nasty looking trailor out front of our house and I absoutely loathe it
Its like his man cave, he has to have a trailor as well to feel complete.

Mrs B

Actually it's not the trailer that annoys me (ok well maybe a little bit) it's the loose rubbish they have in there that blows through the street...
mpcj

Oooohhhh when I came to visit you there were two old ladies scavenging in the trailer
Bam
mpcj

Oooohhhh when I came to visit you there were two old ladies scavenging in the trailer

How did I miss that??
In our house, the garage is my domain. I'm the one who builds stuff and refinishes furniture. No, there are no cars in ours either.

Judie
Is this happening (cars not in garages) becaue houses are squeezed onto smaller blocks and there is no room in the backyard for a shed?
Just a question.

We have a 2 car garage and there is nothing in there except 2 cars - and I do keep the vacuum cleaner there.
However we haave a larger backyard and it has a 4m x 6m shed and all the "garage stuff" is kept in there.
Related
5/06/2023
OB in SA: Do you need a permit? recommendations

Owner Builder Forum

Looking to start the journey of becoming an owner builder in SA. Feeling pretty (overly) confident on the building and construction details, but really struggling to find…

6/06/2023
Do you think this kitchen is original

Kitchen Corner

No. It's not original. Circa early to mid 90s would be my guess and maybe even as late as early 2000s

8/06/2023
Hello to all of you. Any advice please?

Building A New House

A question. Im in Queensland and building a new home. We managed to reach practical completion 6 weeks ago but we haven't heard any date for handover yet. Who should we…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum