Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Melbourne Home Show

Page 1 of 1
Thanks Homeone for the tix....!

but......was anyone else disappointed with the 'expo'? Aside from the infomercial-like obligatory mops and broom and paint roller demonstrations there was nothing of notable value on display. I found most of the people at the stands had little idea about their own product (maybe because I went on Sunday) and were really just there to hand out business cards or get your details for someone to get in contact with you, only one person was the actual owner of the business and pretty helpful about roller blinds.
To rub salt into the wounds I paid to go to the Pool and Spa expo which was equally as disappointing.
Much more information available on forums like Homeone and a good search on the net.
nine2eight
Thanks Homeone for the tix....!

but......was anyone else disappointed with the 'expo'? Aside from the infomercial-like obligatory mops and broom and paint roller demonstrations there was nothing of notable value on display. I found most of the people at the stands had little idea about their own product (maybe because I went on Sunday) and were really just there to hand out business cards or get your details for someone to get in contact with you, only one person was the actual owner of the business and pretty helpful about roller blinds.
To rub salt into the wounds I paid to go to the Pool and Spa expo which was equally as disappointing.
Much more information available on forums like Homeone and a good search on the net.

I went on Sunday and I actually thought this home show was better then the home expo in June. We walked out with some appliances for our kitchen, cleaning products for car, carpet etc and we also made a appointment with a Enjo consultant to come to our house when completed to show us what would be the best products for our floors. We were very satisfied, hope they run it again next year
Yeah unfortunately I have to totally agree with you. The show was nothing to rave about and we also found that stallholders knew little about their own products. Saw business cards flying left right and centre. A lot of junk such as brooms and power mops that are apparently 'the best' and super chamois. A chamois is a chamois. Nothing beats using the internet for things you need.
we too were thankful for the tickets but quite disappointed all we really got out of it was speaking to the tank people and found a stainless steel grate for when the concrete gets laid for the drain out the front of the garage... otherwise i was sick of seeing these mop/broom things omg and the exercise shaking things!!!
Yep, dissappointed here too.

I went on the Friday night, and felt a bit like it was all product for improving our home, but not much from the idea of going from scratch. Would have like lots more interior stuffs, samples etc but I only found Dulux and one lamiex place. Did find a very cool natural product that goes on to your interior walls like render, and they were just lovely, gave me a stack of samples and like (I'm starting a commerical arts/interior design course in Sep) Can't wait to get our house up so I can do some feature walls in the kids rooms with it!

The landscaping stuff looked okay as well, but nothing that you wouldn't have seen in a showroom.

Maybe I'm just 12 months away from being ready for a homeshow.
Didn't go because I knew it would be disappointing.

How many faux grass installers were at the expo this time?
I totally agree,
We were so glad we got in for free becuase we were there for 20 minutes. I think it was worse than the last expo. It may be helpful if your'e renovating or adding to your house but not for new home buyers. It was hot, crowded and what do orthotics have to do with a home and garden expo?????
I loved the rain water tank area!!

The rest however was, as I've said elsewhere, a bit ho hum for me, but that's to be expected as I am building a brand new house through a major builder and don't really need to worry about ovens, windows, cleaning my roof etc etc - I'm sure it's great through for the majority of the population who aren't building though
I got some chamois
Hey Hey Thanks to Homeone I got free tickets and a mop!
Who else got a mop and not saying?
Can't say I got a mop but I got some great advice on flooring (timber, laminate and bamboo) and on water tanks. I too loved the water tank area and the guy I spoke to was really clued up on everything to do with tanks. The bratwurst snags were also yummy.
The guy spruking the water tank company needs to get a new watch, he was consistantly 20min late to start the presentations, however it was informative.

And the garden design seminar was excellent, got to see how the mind of a professional designer works.

Thanks for the free tickets Homeone

If I had to pay to get in I would have been a little dissapointed.
I noticed this home show is smaller than previous year however we have bought vege pot and mirror.
I am interested the new type of water tanks and the ecopot. I will search more information about these 2 products.
It was really crappy.
We didn't get inspired at all. I thought there was more at the one in June.
But.. I did have a nice lunch at Southbank
Thanks for the tickets, Homeone.

We found plantation shutters for $250 installed and also signed up with HRV (www.hrv.com.au).
That's the first time we've been to home show, so I can't compare, though, frankly speaking I was expecting more.
Related
27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations - Melbourne

Building A New House

I do enjoy the drama:-D In his latest two videos he has started bringing security guards to site, I am waiting for the punch on to begin lol

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum