Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

New house to replace freestanding victorian terrace

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We have a freestanding two storey victorian terrace in the inner west of sydney... It is on a double width block and not attached to any neighbouring houses.

Whilst I like the idea of renovating, the cost premium seems very high (any ideas!) so am also considering what we could replace it with that had some sort of architectural sympathy with the existing terrace.

All comments welcome......
Have you checked to make sure the house is not protected by any heritage listings?

Depending on your budget, you could get an architect to design something with a similar facade to stay in keeping with the theme. There are also a few builders who do Victorian/Heritage style replica homes as part of their range. Highview Homes and Harkaway Homes come to mind, but I'm not sure if they are in NSW.
Fortunately we are not heritage listed - but I have to admit I am expecting it coming... Our house probably has the most heritage value in the street...

Thanks for the links - just what I was looking for - would be perfect if they had terraces!

PS. I can see that I am going to have to keep the front and rebuild everything else....
Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

25/10/2023
Freestanding bath taps and kids

Bathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom renovation will likely include a back-to-corner bath and we’re considering a freestanding tap with hand-held shower such as the picture included. My hesitation…

4/01/2024
Bubbling paint on freestanding wall, despite waterproofing

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Grind texture and paint off at blister up to top of fence Will see damp cement render

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum