Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Information or publications on housing types

Page 1 of 1
I am fairly new to investing in real-estate. When looking at what is available in the market I come across various types of homes such as austerity, bungalows, duplex, symmetrical vilas etc.

I wonder whether anyone happens to know of any internet publication or downloadable pdf which runs through and gives insight into different housing types or perhaps a history of how housing has changed in Australia throughout the 21st century.

Is anyone familiar with such a publication? Thanks
Hi Banter
This thread gives some basic info re housing styles through from the 1800's:

http://au.yhs.search.yahoo.com/avg/sear ... ouse+types

Sorry, I'm no computer whizz so I don't know how to do that link-straight-from-here thing so you will just have to copy and paste the thread.

There are many great books out there. These are a few of mine and I found them fabulously inspiring and informative:

The Federation House - Australia's Own Style by Hugh Fraser and Ray Joyce
The Victorian Society Book of the Victorian House by Kit Wedd
The Federation House by Ian Evans
Edwardian House Style by Hilary Hockman

not sure if these are what you mean but they do go into detail about the specific styles. Have you checked Aus History sources also?
Thanks Gloria, thats a good start! I'll check out some of those books
Related
30/05/2023
Rear setback confusion for NSW CDC Housing Code

Building A New House

Hi All, see above image. The required setback from the rear boundary in my case is 5m, as you can see the shape of the site and location of the boundary is slightly…

12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

3/02/2024
Overshadowing clarification - planning - SL housing

General Discussion

I am not based in Victoria however i had a quick look into your question to understand what you were asking. The way I read the regulations, overshadowing relates to the…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum