Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Internal Doors

Page 1 of 1
Ok so our current house settles in 3 weeks and we have a slight problem

My kids put a whole in our linen closet door
(Don't ask
) They are just your standard 820 x 2040 white flush panel doors - from the looks of things it isn't solid on the inside. Anyway the whole is about 10cm in diameter.

I'm guessing there is no way to fix the door without buying a new one right?

I rang around a few places Doorsplus quoted me $300 for a replacement, painted white and installed - that can't be right surely!! On the corinthian website it said rrp should be $50, surely they can't hit me with $250 for installation!

Does anyone know where I can get such doors cheaply? I heard Bunnings etc sold them, but do they need to be painted?

I've looked on Ebay, none in Melbourne for sale at present which sucks
I'm running out of time!

Or does anyone have 1 laying around from their build they want to sell me
was it a condition of sale that it be fixed before settlement bel?

if not then they've bought it as is and maybe you don't have to fix it?
You can pickup these from Bunnings in most cases. they are unpainted but for a Corinthian flush panel is should set you
back around $44.00. Panel carved Corinthian doors are like around 60-70 so not much difference.

bugger the $250 odd.
Buy one from Bunnies, give it a quick coat of gloss paint and get someone handy to install it for you Haywgl - lot cheaper then $300.
Your Redicoat door is about $27
Thanks everyone

It has happened since the purchases brought the house Donuts, so unfortunately will have to fix it

That's what I thought, I was hoping they had some already painted ones as I'm not sure I will be able to give it a decent paint job
haywgl
Thanks everyone

It has happened since the purchases brought the house Donuts, so unfortunately will have to fix it

That's what I thought, I was hoping they had some already painted ones as I'm not sure I will be able to give it a decent paint job

'
Get one of those little cheap rollers, it will make the painting job much easier I think. I did ours with a roller.
Damn I knew those spare doors from the build would be useful!!!!!!

I was going to put the two doors in a safe spot, but it was too late.. they were put into the bin!!
It's ok I found a door on ebay - perfect size and already posted! Bargain - $15.00 - only problem is we have to drive to Geelong to get it
haywgl
It's ok I found a door on ebay - perfect size and already posted! Bargain - $15.00 - only problem is we have to drive to Geelong to get it

At least you will be saving more than the cost of a tank of fuel!
Exactly!!!

Fortunately I have a friend who lives out that way so I will visit her on the way so it is not a totally wasted drive
haywgl

Is it sliding or a hinged door. Its not so much the cost of the door $28- 40 they are as cheap as chips. The cost of the installation is the killer, if its hinged have a go at it yourself and save $250 or have a look in your local paper for a handly man and pay cash say $40 per hour, its still a much cheaper option.

Cheers

KW...........
No its a hinged door - DH thinks he can do it so he can have the first go

If not we have a carpenter friend who will help out
Good luck. Hope your DH is more handy than mine!
His attempt to replace a door was a huge debacle!
We are now going to employ the services of a handy man to fix the front door... less swearing, less stress and a good end result.
Related
3/02/2024
Flush Internal Doors

General Discussion

Okay, then the choice is really about the build quality of the door itself which means the brand name. Sorry I can't recommend one or the other so best to rely on comments…

15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

15/11/2023
Internal brick wall vs plasterboard - cost and acoustic?

Building A New House

Thank you alexp79 and gommeqld for your advice, that's very helpful, thanks

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum