Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Zero Boundary Issues

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice on our rights concerning zero boundary. We have constructed 9m of our house 50mm inside our boundary. The wall is concrete block & requires painting to prevent water seepage, our neighbour initally said we could enter his property to paint it so we purchased & had the paint tinted to match the fence but now he tells us he doesn't have to let us in. Yes he's shaping up to be the neighbour from hell.
Also we're concerned over not being able to do a visual inspection for termites. Has anyone had any experiences or advice that could help.

Thanks
Well, your neighbour has to leave his/her house sometime or later. He would never know about the termite check if he ain't home, I know this is a very cheeky thing todo and people will shoot me for saying it

As far a painting, looks like you may have todo the old stand on roof and paint with extended roller downwards.

Lastly as far as your neighbour is concerned what goes around comes around.............
The thing is it is his property and if he doesn't want you to enter then it is trespassing. I would try to appeal to him on the basis that he has to look at the wall and surely he would want it to look nicer then plain block - hopefully he would prefer it to blend into the fence.

But at the end of the day as I said it is his property and you can't force him to do anything.

Everytime I read about someone building on the boundary I think what horrid things could go wrong. Thank goodness we are building on a large site no where near our boundaries.
Have a look on your linen/dp plans it should have an easement for maintenance located alongside your garage on your neighbours land. If it does well you have the right to be on his land within reason.
If it doesn't then you dont have a right to be on his land.
Related
20/09/2023
Zero Lot Issue & Need Idea

General Discussion

You must be new to the internet. You're also the only person anyone here has ever heard of washing their garage wall. I hate to break it to you, there are insects and…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum