Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Secret Boom Suburbs?

Page 1 of 1
Can anyone tell me if they've heard of these so called four secret boom suburbs, 'Picinic poin, Roseville, Menai and Balmain'? I like to do my homework first before i believe anyhthing like i did with a site i thought was illegal called www.DumpTheAgent.com.au cutting out the real estate agent. Can anyone confirm or dent these suburbs? Thanks. Qas.
What would you like to know?

I live near Menai and Picnic Point. I've drunk a few beers in the pubs of Balmain as well.

Roseville is on the North side, so I don't know that suburb well.
Menai definitely has some nice homes - and you're close to a local shopping centre. The only thing I don't like about Menai is public transport - you need a 20 min bus ride (at least) to the nearest train station (Padstow). Most people drive and park their cars around the station. Other train station option is Sutherland.

I'm not sure - but Menai is relatively close to the nuclear reactor at Lucas Heights (though not right next door).

Picnic Point is very picturesque - lots of nice houses with water views that are reasonably priced - though they'll need some renovating. A bit of knock down and rebuild going on there.
I can agree with Picnic Point becoming a boom. Not so sure about Menai.

Balmain is more for those who want to live 10 minutes from the city, but still have some form of yard - expensive way to get some yard, but if you must live close.... A lot of older (like 1930s) houses requiring costly reno work, but that seems to be the appeal of these sorts of areas.
Are we talking about Balmain and Roseville in Sydney ? If so these are hardly secrets. Both are, have been, remain, and no doubt will remain 'prestige' suburbs. There are no secrets to discover.
They are all established suburbs. There is nothing happening in these areas to suddenly increase the appeal, hence price.

I have lived near Menai for 8 years and the value of my house has increased in line with overall Sydney prices. Nothing wrong with that.

On shows like Today Tonight, they regularly talk about the latest boom suburbs. These are the ones that had a larger price increase than average in the last year. If you want to make above average profits, it's too late in those suburbs, you've missed the boat. But that is only a short term rise and real estate is a long term investment generally.

Who has the crystal ball that can guarantee greater than average returns?
Bud977
Who has the crystal ball that can guarantee greater than average returns?

Me!! But I refuse to share it
I call shenanigans...this post smells like a troll for the website listed

As others have mentioned, these suburbs are well established...
Tipsy, you could be right. I hadn't gone to look at the website linked. I'm too used to rubbish links that I don't even go there unless I have a good reason or can trust the link.

Now you made me look! It's unusual to ask for your email address before even showing off what their website is about. Bit sus....
Related
15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

13/09/2023
InForm SE Suburbs Melbourne

Building A New House

Thanks for your reply! We're definitely not after a small house > Might still have a chat to them. Who did you end up building with if you don't mind me asking?

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum