Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Checklist when engaging builder

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

My partner and I are currently finishing design for extension and reno on CalBun. We are in the process of engaging builders to quote etc
Hoping someone out there maybe able to help with a list of build considerations.
i.e. Architraves = 10mm blah blah
Plaster = SqrSet
etc etc

Really wanting to get the builders on the same page - so that we are able to compare.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
S
Where are you located?

Matt
We are located in bayside Melbourne.

S
You might want to check out Extensions Unlimited.

www.extensionsunlimited.com.au

These guys did an extension to our federation style house about 2 years ago and we were extremely impressed. They reused bricks and roof tiles where possible and polished the floor boards to match perfectly with the existing rooms etc.

We had quotes from some of the bigger ones (extension factory and supagroup) and these guys were almost half. We also had quotes from a couple of independant builders and these guys were still less (Buying power etc)

Thet finished in under the time they promised and so far there have been no cracks etc in the plasterwork.

We dealt with a guy by the name of Spiro (who has since left) but Richard (the owner I think) was great too.

Matt
Related
1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

7/05/2023
Builder not giving letter of commencement and practical comp

Building A New House

The HIA contract, in the term & conditions section states that "Commencment" is deemed when the drainage is started or the piers are dug or the slab is formed up (incase…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum