Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

So, you all have solar panels....

Page 1 of 1
so explain something for me

Are certain panels dedicated to one function? i.e. electricity or water service? Or can they be used for mutiple functions?

If they can only be used for one function, then whats yours for?

We went to the Home Idea Show and want to incorporate gas boosted solar hoter water aswell as solar electricity so Im wondering if that means we need lots of solar panels
PV's or photovoltaics and heat absorbing water storage are 2 different things...
PV produce power this can be fed to the grid or you have a battery bank and inverter.
a SHW boosted with gas, is a heat exchanger and storage device using the sun as the primary heat source.
Both have valuable rebates or REC's.
Besides we need to make a stand,
and take on the roll of pro/re.ducing power
^ I learnt that much from the expo!
I just wanted to know whether particular soalr panels were dedicated to a particular function, and from what you said they are.

So Im right in assuming that the majority of solar panels in new estates would be for water systems then?
Related
8/06/2023
Hello to all of you. Any advice please?

Building A New House

A question. Im in Queensland and building a new home. We managed to reach practical completion 6 weeks ago but we haven't heard any date for handover yet. Who should we…

22/01/2024
Installing laminate panels on concrete ceiling

General Discussion

Hello - we were hoping to apply laminate click lock panels to our concrete ceiling, but not too sure how to go about attaching the panels to the concrete. Any idea what…

18/03/2024
DIY Decorative Wall Panels

Interior Decorating Lounge

Hey everyone, Jumping on the forum to see if anyone…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum