Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

HIA Sydney Home Show 2009 - Free Double Passes

Page 5 of 5
Does anyone know whether the ticket is for single entry or multiple entries on the day? We were hoping to do lunch outside the convention centre and return to the show after lunch.

Also where is the cheapest parking station near the convention centre?
SYD-YYZ
Does anyone know whether the ticket is for single entry or multiple entries on the day? We were hoping to do lunch outside the convention centre and return to the show after lunch.

Also where is the cheapest parking station near the convention centre?

Don't know about the single/multi entry.

Parking can be a bit exxy - the one at the convention centre charges by the hour. So does the Entertainment Centre car park.

You can usually get a $15 flat rate at the outdoor car park on corner of Quay & Ultimo Rds (run by UTS), at the old Her Majesties Theatre carpark or at the Citigate hotel. HMT and Citigate are on Quay St as well.

If you're going on a week day (today or tomorrow) - early bird specials at all car parks except Convention Centre - about $12 if you get there before 10am.
Thanks for the tickets; for those parking on weekend, and don't mind walking, both Market City and Kent/King parking are usually the cheapest.
Received ours in the mail today, Thanks
Got our tickets.. Thanks heaps.

....and went to the Show already today!!!
phantomburner
Got our tickets.. Thanks heaps.

....and went to the Show already today!!!

Did you see much that was new? Were there lots of exhibitors? Just trying to figure out how much time I need there.

Judie
I went today. Get a stamp on your hand on the way out to get entry back in. Food prices inside conventions are usually an absolute rip-off, and it's about a 5 minute walk to Harbourside food court.

I have been to many conventions and shows, but this is the first Homeshow I have been to. I was abit disappointed to be honest; while there were plenty of stalls, and there didn't appear to be any vacant stall areas, I imagine alot of stalls may have not registered this year due to the economic climate and possible down-turn in the industry in general. It was well laid-out, and not overly crowded (we saw quite a few other couples with prams), but I imagine it would be packed on the weekend.

And watch out for the pervert following ladies in dresses/skirts videoing their backsides and legs with his mobile phone! I saw him within about 10 minutes after walking in about 11:30 - I probably should've reported him to security, or at least confronted him - or the lady he was videoing.

We spent about 2 hours there I think, but had a whinging 18-month-old wanting to run riot! I could've probably spent another hour there collecting more brochures and chatting to stall salespeople...
We went last night - I remember the shows going until 9pm in the past but this year it closed at 7pm.

We looked around for about 1.5 hours - mostly the same sort of stuff - veggie peelers, squeegees, mops, frypans etc. But a lot of stuff was missing - Colorbond, project builders, big tile companies, a lot of the major appliances (F&P, Westinghouse etc - but Ilve was there), Bose & other HT companies, fencing companies.

Wasn't worth $18 per adult for entry.

We did end up buying a Laura Star ironing system though - I was pretty sceptical as we've seen them at Home expos, easter show etc - but I was really impressed. Pricey - but we iron a lot of fiddly stuff that will be a lot easier.
Thanks for the tickets. We are going today!
We went yesterday too. Spent about 3 hours cruising around. I thought there was some really good stuff and some really odd stuff (orthotics and hand creams at a home show???
) We avoided all the squigee/irons/vegie peelers

We got some good info from the floor guys - both Karndean and Polyflor there, and some good points about electricals from Clipsal and the aircon guys... And some of the designer guys (in the Home Beautiful section) were very helpful with tips on colours etc...

Lots of pool stalls! Pity we won't have room for one!

As I haven't been before, i have nothing to compare it too but thought it was quite worthwile for us...not so much for buying but just for ideas.

Thanks again Homeone!
havingfun
I thought there was some really good stuff and some really odd stuff (orthotics and hand creams at a home show???
) We avoided all the squigee/irons/vegie peelers

I think all those unrelated stalls are at every show! I think there was half a dozen foot massage stalls!!!

havingfun
We got some good info from the floor guys - both Karndean and Polyflor there, and some good points about electricals from Clipsal and the aircon guys... And some of the designer guys (in the Home Beautiful section) were very helpful with tips on colours etc...

Yes, the Polyflor guy was very helpful for us, too. We are looking for ideas for the new kitchen floor, but there stuff is expensive - about double the price of other products I've been looking at...
Just wanted to say thank you homeone for the free tickets.

We went today. We ditched our 2yo and left him with grandma so we could spend 4hours there. BTW, we were one of the many who couldn't resist and bought those rubber brooms.
Just wanted to say thanks from Pix for the tix

hehehe
eho

We went today. We ditched our 2yo and left him with grandma so we could spend 4hours there.

thats a good idea, i think we better do that same
We went on the last day/afternoon. It was almost like the home show at kellyville about a month or two ago, just larger. Yeah i agree lots of irrelevant stalls but i guess they need to sell stall space to almost anyone.

Lots of pool/spa exhibitors, altho considering the present economic situation, who'd want to fork out $$ for those!?

Yeah what up with the rubber brushes and the magnetic window wiper? hehe

I couldn't find any paint/finishers there .. lots of window blinds/doors guys .. got hold of a couple of aircon guys caz i'm looking for a good quote for my new home .. actron air, samsung, hitachi, daikin .. etc

There was one railing/balustrade guy there.. i showed him my requirement and asked for a ball park .. nothing came outta that .. so i wonder what were they doin there? argh! just display! .. anyways got their contact ..

Kitchener kitchen, kitchen connection and 1 other was there too .. all handy .. looking for benchtops ..

So yeah all in all was a good visit .. not sure if i would've spent $36 for me and my wife to enter .. but thanks to homeone .. i was in n out for free
just wanted to thank HomeOne for the tickets.. our first time and got the ideas coming and we were able to "Ask the Experts".

A lot of stalls with Solar power...

I lined up at the Nespresso to try their coffee.. but it was too packed with onlookers.
Just a late thankyou for the tickets.

However, can't say I enjoyed it as much as in previous years. There were definitely a lot of the usual big names missing - Clarendon weren't there this year, neither were Luxaflex, Bose, Corinthian Doors. I know it was a new promoter this year and with the financial crisis - maybe it was only the vegetable chopper merchants who could afford the stall prices. And yes, sooo many solar panel stalls - pretty boring.
Related
24/01/2024
HIA HOME CONTRACT

General Discussion

Would love to know who your builder is?

3/09/2023
Contract Sum Adjustments in HIA contract

Building A New House

You talk about deletions, are they variations or PS and PC adjustments? pleas list them

28/09/2023
NEW BUILD - HIA - BUILDER GROUNDS TO TERMINATE IF OWNER DOES

Building A New House

Sorry but you have a crap builder. Probably too late now. For our last build I only spoke to builders who would allow me easy access (at no cost). I used my own sparky…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum