Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Recommendation wanted for flyscreens Melbourne

Page 2 of 2
OK so I dug out the box and the contract / spec list ... and
the window brand is not on it!!

So I have done a thorough inspection of all my windows and the none of them have been 'branded' as such.

But the glass in both sliding doors has a watermark-y type thing.

One has the logo of Southern Star windows; the other has an (upside down!) Veridian logo.

Would I be safe to assume that they are all Southern Star windows/sliding doors do you think? With Veridian safety glass in them?

Both sliding doors have the stars across the middle, if anyone can help me identify them I'd be most grateful (hi ED!
) as my builder is on holidays and I am only to contact him for emergencies.

thanks!
They certainly sound like Southern Star- you can get these pretty well anywhere. SS has an office in Hallam on Princes Hwy.

Ed
Great, thanks Ed, I will contact them soon!
Sharee
We got a qoute yesterday for $40 per window and $250 per sliding door, I actually thought that was okay and was going to put a deposit on today, so is that expensive then?

That's too high. A friend got them done for $20 per window for supply only.
We have had two quotes and they have both come in at around $1000 for supply and install of 15 flyscreens of various sizes, and two sliding ones (which are bigger than normal size apparently). Including installation & GST. (The flyscreens worked out at $25 each)

Just have to work out what sort of security door we want and we're away.
We ended up ordering from a company that qouted $1100 for the lot. That is 13 windows and 3 sliding doors (two of which are larger than average) It equated to $25 for each window - so thanks everyone for the advice, otherwise I would have gone with the $40 per window qoute!
We finally had our flyscreens and security doors installed today.

The front security door is one of those steel ones which look like there is nothing there, so you can still see our nice stained wood door.

Very happy with them all
not too happy with the 8 week wait (after being promised 3 weeks!!!)
anyway that's all in the past and we are now enjoying the cool breezes our flyscreens permit.
Oooo Donuts can you put up pics of your security door - I'm thinking of getting some of those too!

Also cost approx please
If not too rude of course
Who did you have install your flyscreens? How much on average were they? Im looking at installing them soon.
Sure I will take some pics of the security door today bel

Total cost was $2000, including the security door ($590) laundry door ($275) two sliders ($760) and 15 flyscreens ($375).

We used Jim's Security Doors in Hallam, they also seem to be known as Lock U tite or Luck u right or something.
donuts
Sure I will take some pics of the security door today bel

Total cost was $2000, including the security door ($590) laundry door ($275) two sliders ($760) and 15 flyscreens ($375).

We used Jim's Security Doors in Hallam, they also seem to be known as Lock U tite or Luck u right or something.

Those prices seem pretty reasonable. I wouldn't mind seeing photo's of the front and sliding doors too
here are some pics:

front security door from inside

from outside - I guess you can't see the front door so much but it's morning and the sun isn't out properly yet. I'll have another look this afternoon to see if the colour's better.

one of the sliders from outside

from inside

all the doors and windows they can match to any colorbond colour, so whatever your windows are.
Thanks Donuts!
Thanks heaps Donuts,

That front wire door is exactly what I am looking for!!
Thanks Donuts

That is exactly what I'm after - the front door one!!
Sounds like a reasonable quote too! I will need 2 for the front doors, I also want a similar one for the sliding doors out the back

I think I'd get the frame part of it done in white to match the windows - or maybe dune to match the front door

It looks great - you can't even tell it is there!!!
thanks girls. bel we got the front door in Woodland Grey as that is what the door frame is painted in; the rest we got Paperbark to match the windows. I think Dune to match your front door would be nice?

Not sure why we didn't get the same style for the sliders instead of the diamond pattern
maybe it would have been lots more expensive, so I'll try not think about it
Yeah I agree I think Dune will be a good match

I can tell ours will be very expensive too!

I am a bit of a security freak and want these 'crimsafe' security type windows on every window on the house!
Related
25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

6/11/2023
Project Manager Recommendation

Owner Builder Forum

If you need to pay for a project manager you would be well advised to just engage a builder who would take full responsibility for the build. As opposed to you OB where…

24/06/2023
Recommendation for Assistance on lodging objection

General Discussion

Hi, Appreciate any recommendations for town planners or advisors who can help assist to assess and draft an objection to a neighbour’s development in Northern Beaches.…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum