Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Selling Couches - Need some advice

Page 1 of 1
We have just bought a new Leather modular and are going to sell our 'old' couches. They are about 3 years old and in great condition - there is 1x 3 seater and 1x 2 seater.

We are wondering whether we would be better off putting on ebay or in the Trading Post as we would like to get something for them. I am interested to see peoples opinions on what they would pay for them as well..

If anyone is interested we are in Adelaide so PM me..

BTW - this is the one we just bought (in a creamy/beigey colour)
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/McReidy23/lounge.jpg
I think start with EBAY, It might cost you $5-10 but you will [prob get a bigger audience
Yeah, I agree with going with Ebay. To figure out how much to sell your sofas for, just do a little research on other sofa prices on ebay. Do a "buy it now" price and start your auction at a reserve you are happy with. Describing your furnniture as "smoke-free" and "pet-free" really helps if that is your case. The picture you provide in the ad is important too. Even an upclose photo is good so that people can see the texture and true colour of the fabric. Also, you can even mention if you bought it from a reputable furniture store (eg. Freedom, Plucsh, etc) since it gives it more appeal because of the quality.
Good luck!
Sorry to go a little OT.. but wanted to say I love your Christmas Tree!! Sooooo unusual!!

-Sha
sha
Sorry to go a little OT.. but wanted to say I love your Christmas Tree!! Sooooo unusual!!

-Sha

Thanks:) We get a lot of compliments on our tree... We made it ourself as a way to keep our cat out of the old traditional tree

We have had alot of people tell us we should market it and sell it
McReidy
sha

-Sha

Thanks:) We get a lot of compliments on our tree... We made it ourself as a way to keep our cat out of the old traditional tree

I agree, love the tree.. I would buy one.. How did you make it?
nesspop
McReidy
sha

-Sha

I agree, love the tree.. I would buy one.. How did you make it?

Bought a couple of strands of pre decorated garland from The Warehouse and a set of coloured lights. Wired the lights to the tree and then started shaping it from the top to bottom. Each 'layer' is connected with a couple of strands of fising wire to give the illusion that it is floating. The best thing about this tree is that it all folds down inside itself - so come Xmas time all we do is pull it out of it's box by the top and hang it up - plug it in and away we go
Related
25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

28/04/2024
Need some front yard ideas!

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all, Need some ideas for my front yard. There are a few elements where the landscaping needs to take into account: There is a slight slope forward with steps going to…

24/10/2023
Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

General Discussion

Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum