Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

How long will it take to have a look at this house????????

Page 2 of 2
........or himself
Yes Borg, i am beginning to think that too. I mean how easy would it be for him to do that. Unless someone like me has the guts to take it further, which i will.

I do not want to rush in, i don't want him to think i am anxious or anything. On the website is says POA and i asked him what the ball park figure was and he said mid 200k, which i would assume would be approx 230k - 260k is that right?
Ring up with a new name. Or get someone to ring up with a different name.
See if he treats you differently.
Well i got a hold of his email address and just asked if the house is really for sale or not. I then said that i would find another agent that would be willing to show me through and this is the reply i got

Morning Kim,

I do apologise for not getting back to you, however your number was misplaced. I was hoping you would call or e-mail back.

The property was for sale, however is under contract at the moment. This property is under exclusive agency with our office, so no other agents have access to it. What I can do however is get in touch with you straight away if the contract does not proceed, I should know this by Monday next week (subject to finance).

Once again I do sincerely apologise for not getting back to you.

Well Well how about that. I was under the impression that once you phoned a mobile number these days it was saved on your mobile phone. And he says he misplaced it, what a crock. I will be finding out how much the property sold for and to who it sold to if it kills me. I smell something fishy. here.

I am waiting on a phone call from the Principal to tell him what i think of his agents service too.
We had a very similar scenario when we were looking for our house. Once we finally got in to see the hosue at an organised inspection we loved the place, and put a written offer there and then. There was also another couple at the inspection that obviously knew the agent. Once we submitted our offer, the agent blurted out the figure that we had offered right in front of the other couple (who ended up getting the property). We wrote a fairly stern email to the agent and cc'd her boss - and surprise surprise no response from either.

There are definitely sharks out there that you have to watch out for - unfortunately they spoil it for the ones doing the rigt thing...
maurita
I smell something fishy.

Hmmm sounds a bit odd to me too. He would have known the first time you called surley they had interested people. Sounds dodge to me too.
Now get in touch with the owner...

You have nothing to lose - only gain...

Ed
Well the Principal actually rang me but of course there is nothing that he can really do, but he said he is glad that i made him aware of this. It still sounds like a ******* job to me but what can one do.
Hmmm, definitely contact the owner - they deserve to know - and it will make you feel better

It may be too late to halt the sale (then again maybe not, I don't know) but if it is as it seems to be then this agent needs to be reported and, if this is a fair world, forego his commission.

And, of course, if everything is legit then it will be easier to accept missing out on the property.

Either way I don't think the owner will mind be contacted.
Hi Maurita,

I'd be complaining to the Real Estate Institute of QLD http://www.reiq.com.au/

I found them on www.ombudsman.qld.gov.au as the Ombudsman doesn't deal with R/E complaints.

You also might have a case, if the agent had an interest in the property and did not disclose the interest. I'm pretty sure (don't quote me) that R/E agents have to disclose their interest in both selling and purchasing property.

Hope it helps.

Bel
Thanks for the links Bel, i will be looking into that. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas. You are all such a lovely bunch around here.
No probs
maurita
Thanks for the links Bel, i will be looking into that. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas. You are all such a lovely bunch around here.

So did he get back to you at all?

Merry Christmas to you maurita!

Good luck with it all.

I’m learning a lot about R/E agents…………I’m learning how to play them as well.
I might be having a hard time at the moment, but boy I’m learning a lot!
I think he did Michelle, but it was under offer.
Well i finally got around to ringing the RIEQ yesterday and they said that there is nothing they can do. They said that i would have to go to the Office of Fair Trading and also put the allegation to the Real Estate Itself.

I mean i have no proof that the agent held me from seeing the place because he or a mate made the offer but i would bet that is what happened.
Related
1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

1/03/2024
Polytec timber look galleries

General Discussion

Interested in getting either the Polytec Boston Oak or Palace Peak for kitchen cabinets. Looking at the Boston Oak ones, it appears that the colour varies significantly…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum