Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Thoughts please- should I paint it?

Page 1 of 2
Hi All,

Asking for your advise...

We have just purchased this house in Brisbane... can you share your thoughts.. ?

- Should we paint the blue at the front a more neutral colour.. such as white or that dark yellow.. or another colour, if you have any ideas please share!

- We want to replace the fence (we have pets and the little poodle can climb that fence any day) should we go brick bagged fence OR white 2m high picket fence? Concerned about it matching the colonial style of the house.. we would then want to add a sliding gate on the left hand side.

My first time uploading pics. How do I add more than one photo????

Thanks everyone!
Ah!

Wont let me post photo...

What does this mean?

'You are not allowed to post Files with the Extension jpg within this Forum'

Am I correct to upload the photo in the filename section, browse for the image, then upload?
https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=1272
PrincessB
Ah!

Wont let me post photo...

What does this mean?

'You are not allowed to post Files with the Extension jpg within this Forum'

Am I correct to upload the photo in the filename section, browse for the image, then upload?

Yes........

But you must go through a host first…..Photobucket or image shak.
or www.flickr.com, they are all free
http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo163/princessB1985/16resized.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo163/princessB1985/26resized.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo163/princessB1985/6resized.jpg

Hope this works or I am going to feel very silly...
Replace the light blue with the blue that is on your gutters.

I’ll have a better look later, very nice house by the way
Thanks Michelle (for your opionion and link on how to upload the photos)!

Didnt even think about that, didnt even notice the blue on the gutters, could be a good option. Hubby thinks that it should be all white.. but I think those timbber railings are supposed to be a different colour..
I like it exactly how it is. If you do change the poles, I think making it go with the lighter roof will look nicer than making them too dark, as the white around it will suit it better, if that makes sense. What a beautiful house!
Cant' you keep you pooch in the backyard? & not remove your gorgeous front fence ??

A solid front fence would be 'too heavy' for your beautiful home, imo.
Im with Michelle, the blue on the roof looks like a much more palletable blue.
Thanks Mrs_Smith,

It is a very cute house, we have been looking for an ultra modern house for about 6 months before we found this one.. it feels like home if you know what I mean.. I do like the front, does not bother me too much but its the hubby who wants to change it.. I'm just happy to have our new home and no more renting after 19th Dec!

What do you think about the fence?
Thats what I thought re the fence.. I supose another option would be to create 2 side fences to seperate the back and front yard... that would save a bit in $ too.. Thanks you guys are great.
I like it just the way the fence is too! It's such a beautiful home. But I can understand why you want to change it. Could you make a taller version of the fence there? It really suits the house, and if you put up a big picket fence or anything like that, it would hide the house. The fence there at the moment, even if it was taller, still shows off the house and suits that style.
gorgeous house princessb!

Thanks guys!

Its only 3 years old.. we purchased it from a builder who lived there with his family. Our building and pest report was very good, the inspector said everything that was used was done to perfection and top quality materials etc.

Cant wait to move in, 5 days before Christmas
I personally wouldn't change the fence at all - it is pretty accurate history wise so agree that making a separate fenced area at the back for the dogs would be better visually.

Gorgeous home - congratulations.
What a stunning home, I would remove the wire and replace with pickets the same height. I am guessing your dog can climb it because of the ladder style wiring. I wouldn't be going any higher with the fence.
Related
3/02/2024
Color Thoughts | Renovators Delight

Finishing Touch

Were struck with: Colorbond Ironstone Grey roof and cream windows. What color should we render and paint the garage door to tone down the cream windows? Farm House, will…

8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum