Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Brimbank Gardens, Derrimut VIC

Page 42 of 50
I'm wondering what they are doing on the big corner site now that the planning has been rejected. It seems they have opened up the single lot next to it and mowed it ready for doing something.

On another note, the triple double storey plot has also removed it's signs, saw some action on it yesterday but not sure if it is due to the double next to the plot.
On another note, I saw on the billboard on Ballarat Road that The Good Guys, etc. will be opening opposite to where Bunnings is.

Anyone else saw that? That's awesome.
thegourou20
On another note, I saw on the billboard on Ballarat Road that The Good Guys, etc. will be opening opposite to where Bunnings is.

Anyone else saw that? That's awesome.

Yeah I saw that I think that might be where the 24 Hour Gym is moving to. Dont really like the idea of it moving was in a perfect spot for us, might have to check out the YMCA now.
Also heard that the Japanese restaruant near subway is changing to a Thai Restaraunt and there is a a Pet Shop opening next door to Chemist Wharehouse.
fr_303
Yeah I saw that I think that might be where the 24 Hour Gym is moving to. Dont really like the idea of it moving was in a perfect spot for us, might have to check out the YMCA now.
Also heard that the Japanese restaruant near subway is changing to a Thai Restaraunt and there is a a Pet Shop opening next door to Chemist Wharehouse.

That 24 hour gym could be an interesting business case. I've heard of some very successful businesses fail after moving from a well known location. That location could capture the Caroline Springs/Burnside market but lose the Derrimut/Deer Park market. Plus the inevitable price rise to cover the larger lease etc. also doesn't help to keep old customers that made it successful.

The Japanese restaurant was probably in the wrong area, competing with very low cost food products. I thought they were pretty good, but didn't really have a need to eat Japanese all the time. I doubt that Thai would do any better, maybe Vietnamese due to the area.
Good guys. that's good news. . sounds like they are gearing to setup that corner as a homemaker centre.
I would assume Good guys wouldn't just setup alone without other supporting businesses.
* Not that I have anything urgent to buy currently since moving in last year.

On a different note, how do you guys know all this information ...

Is there a Brimbank Gardens bulletin board..lol... that is only for people in the know...
ie, 24 hr gym / Jap restaurant rebranding. etc etc
trippy
On a different note, how do you guys know all this information ...

Is there a Brimbank Gardens bulletin board..lol... that is only for people in the know...
ie, 24 hr gym / Jap restaurant rebranding. etc etc

This forum is the closest thing to a Brimbank Gardens Bulletin Board, some one needs to setup a facebook page or something just for Derrimut Gosip I think.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/161992773821539/

Created one. Regards
Thai place is opening December 2nd and the pet shop is opening on wednesday
Saw this article today

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/stenc ... 1ocl6.html
good find on the article there reaver.

interesting it's this whole area, though i haven't really noticed it in our Brimbank in recent weeks to be honest.
trippy
good find on the article there reaver.

interesting it's this whole area, though i haven't really noticed it in our Brimbank in recent weeks to be honest.

I have been spending lots of time there with our build, and i havent smelt anything.
Couple of interesting FYIs. Items below are heard through a good source but maybe just grape vine talk.

1. Brimbank CC refuse to accept handover of Brimbank Gardens due to PEET's refusal to replace dead palm trees.
2. Some public areas are starting to get a bit overgrown due to the above reason.
3. Cnr Westminster Pkwy & Queensberry Dr park's lights wont be turned on until above issue is resolved.
4. Balmoral park will eventually receive a pavilion.
5. The random water tank in the middle of Balmoral Park was PEET's attempt of being "green". Apparently the tank will be removed.
6. Purple house - owner's way of showing discontent for the building of the ovals in front.
Adam.M
Couple of interesting FYIs. Items below are heard through a good source but maybe just grape vine talk.

1. Brimbank CC refuse to accept handover of Brimbank Gardens due to PEET's refusal to replace dead palm trees.
2. Some public areas are starting to get a bit overgrown due to the above reason.
3. Cnr Westminster Pkwy & Queensberry Dr park's lights wont be turned on until above issue is resolved.
4. Balmoral park will eventually receive a pavilion.
5. The random water tank in the middle of Balmoral Park was PEET's attempt of being "green". Apparently the tank will be removed.
6. Purple house - owner's way of showing discontent for the building of the ovals in front.

1-3. What else is being held up because of this?

4. Unless I'm mistaken - this has already been built and awaiting opening? No doubt a Labor minister will come to open it to show they are supporting the west or some rubbish like that.

5. I thought it supplied the sprinklers that come on every summer? Would be interesting to see if the BCC will let that go.

6. Uhuh... You buy a plot of land facing two ovals and then show discontent at them? That's worse than the people who buy near the airport and protest about air plane noise. I hope they realise that all people are doing is laughing at their poor choice?
joeygbh
I hope they realise that all people are doing is laughing at their poor choice?

Well said.

Pardon my ignorance...but what are the 'problems' in having an oval opposite your house? I would've thought it's good to have one!
umdas
joeygbh
I hope they realise that all people are doing is laughing at their poor choice?

Well said.

Pardon my ignorance...but what are the 'problems' in having an oval opposite your house? I would've thought it's good to have one!

Considering the Ovals were ALWAYS on the master plan.
joeygbh

1-3. What else is being held up because of this?

4. Unless I'm mistaken - this has already been built and awaiting opening? No doubt a Labor minister will come to open it to show they are supporting the west or some rubbish like that.

5. I thought it supplied the sprinklers that come on every summer? Would be interesting to see if the BCC will let that go.

6. Uhuh... You buy a plot of land facing two ovals and then show discontent at them? That's worse than the people who buy near the airport and protest about air plane noise. I hope they realise that all people are doing is laughing at their poor choice?

1-3 -That's all that I know of for now. To replace the palm trees could cost $100,000+ so no wonder PEET wouldn't want to budge.

4 - Probably! - I don't drive past there much considering I drive in from Robinsons rd. There is more that is happening around that area in the near future.

5 - My question would be how does the tanks get it's rain water?

6 - Some estates (mothers) do ave em.
Looks like some are well connected to the..err...grapevine, has anyone heard any development around this story?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/austral ... 6041176803
LOL .. that's so Random . . "showing discontent at the oval ..."
it's so bizarre .. its gota be true. . . there's no other reason for it..

reaver - on a different note.. yer. . haven't heard / or seen anything related to the date centre being mooted for the area.. .

maybe it will mean NBN will do our area earlier .. rather than later. ..
* yes yes. .i know some of us are against it ..lol . .but Im all for it.
Faster ......better..........
Did you guys hear about this story about "Deer Park shopkeeper knifed to death" ?

I went there a couple of times to pick up some parcels but geeee that's so tragic.
Not sure if they are going to reopen considering it was a family business.
reaver
Looks like some are well connected to the..err...grapevine, has anyone heard any development around this story?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/austral ... 6041176803

Probably on Robinsons Road? Next to the Salmat Group building. One of the big four banks is supporting it...that should be enough to ensure this proceeds
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum