Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Brimbank Gardens, Derrimut VIC

Page 41 of 50
Speaking of watering holes. . this is a random point...

There is a Derrimut hotel in sunshine, right next door to the Sunshine train station . .
I've always thought that was an interesting anomaly in the geographical location of things...
i dare you to go drink there....i've been there a few times and its not the place for norm, last i was there they still used the old pub rules.
Umm, lol .. im not that aufaye with Old Pub rules.. .

could you please explain . . .

on a different note. . how's the rain . . . .lol .
i drove past the Melb water retention , on Boundary road over the weekend. .
wow. . that's nearly overflowing onto the road.
andrew1977au
i dare you to go drink there....i've been there a few times and its not the place for norm, last i was there they still used the old pub rules.

have a read of this....

http://stubbyholder.blogspot.com/2008/03/melbourne-pubs-derrimut-hotel-sunshine.html

ah well....it'll have to be pubs in the city then!!

as for the rains.. i washed my car on saturday!!
speaking of hospitality ..

After several ordinary orders , Definitely will not be going to the Fish n chips shop near coles...
let's see, Burger with the lot. . .missing an egg ..
bacon and egg burger. . . tiny bit of bacon . .. no egg. . .what the hell. .
In both circumstances. . . we haven't had the inclination to ring and complain.. due to time constraints..
i've got chips from there few times and they have been ok (i guess you can't stuff up!)
I really enjoy the M&Ms burger and the price is reasonable. I only wish we had a better pizza shop in the area. :-l
Avoid the Fish n Chips shop on Friday nights, its utter chaos otherwise should be ok at all other times.

I've been stalking this news article since the middle of the year. Does anyone know if the project started? I can't find any leads on the interweb

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/austral ... 6041176803
Hi Guys,

The best pizza is at Derrimut pizza village, it is a nice thin crust pizza, Paramount Pizza is good too, more topping and bigger pizzas. Depends what you like.

The Fish and chip near coles is not nice at all, really small flakes, bad tasting flakes, bad tasting burgers, the stuff isn't fresh. It isn't nice at all.

If you want the best fish and chips, absolutely fantastic, massive flakes, heaps of chips, thin potato cakes, it is on Ballarat Rd Deer Park where the strip of shops are. It is a bit out of Derrimut but it is worth it for great Fish and Chips. There was one near Paramount Pizza but it seems they went out of business, they were pretty good.

I tried the chinese 12 months ago, the one at Paramount, it wasn't pleasant at all, I have also tried the Japanese takeaway which was pathetic, very dry meat. I wonder if there is a good chinese near by?

The best one near us is at Caroline Springs.. Coco-Chine. West Waters hotel is also good over there.
Also I have tried the Indian takeaway at Westwood Dr, It was cheap but really unpleasant and nothing like what it should be, I really like indian takeaway and know what the good stuff is and this was crap. It seems to get good reviews on Urbanspoon... which is odd, but to me it they look fake reviews.
adammm
Hi Guys,

The best pizza is at Derrimut pizza village, it is a nice thin crust pizza, Paramount Pizza is good too, more topping and bigger pizzas. Depends what you like.

The Fish and chip near coles is not nice at all, really small flakes, bad tasting flakes, bad tasting burgers, the stuff isn't fresh. It isn't nice at all.

If you want the best fish and chips, absolutely fantastic, massive flakes, heaps of chips, thin potato cakes, it is on Ballarat Rd Deer Park where the strip of shops are. It is a bit out of Derrimut but it is worth it for great Fish and Chips. There was one near Paramount Pizza but it seems they went out of business, they were pretty good.

I tried the chinese 12 months ago, the one at Paramount, it wasn't pleasant at all, I have also tried the Japanese takeaway which was pathetic, very dry meat. I wonder if there is a good chinese near by?

The best one near us is at Caroline Springs.. Coco-Chine. West Waters hotel is also good over there.

Caroline Thai.. oh Nom Nom Nom..
Agreed with the M&M burgers. . we've had several takeaways recently, not bad.
though we tend to make a trip to highpoint , for Grilld - lol . . .love it there.

Adammm - Speaking of fish and chips.. so actually on Ballarat road . . close to the Supa iga . . .?
So not Theo's fish and chips, which is near ballarat road...

and what's going on with our charcoal chicken . . it's still closed. . i have a feeling it's not reopening.
Yeah with Nandos next to it, I thought the charcoal chicken was going to struggle.

I am now looking forward to try that fish and chips and pizza that you recommended Adam.

I am suprised you did not like Yummy India as I found they are ok. That said we only had their briani and I must say the long wait can be sometimes annoying.

Gotta agree with Caroline Thai and Coco-Chine. Both of them produce delicious food.

The best fish and chips I have eaten is actually in Queenscliff close to where you take the boat to travel across the bay to go to Sorrento.

Good to see we all love our food.
* Forgot to mention this earlier ,

fairly loyal with my chinese orders i must say . .
Gold Leaf on ballarat road. ..
otherwise a trip to footscray for Jimmy Wong's ..

No sneering .. . heh heh . .

** Hungry hungry . . .

speaking of loving food. . .

anyone here been watching Man Vs Food. . .
trippy
* Forgot to mention this earlier ,

fairly loyal with my chinese orders i must say . .
Gold Leaf on ballarat road. ..
otherwise a trip to footscray for Jimmy Wong's ..

No sneering .. . heh heh . .

** Hungry hungry . . .

speaking of loving food. . .

anyone here been watching Man Vs Food. . .

Hey buddy, thanks for the chinese tip, i've driven past but never considered it, strange looking place.... Not great reviews on urban spoon but will try!

Yes, not Theo's, haven't tried it, this one is past the IGA, keep going up, near the post office.
Paramount pizza rocks!

The BBQ Chicken is delish.
BEST pizza in the area is Exotic pizza, if you haven't tried it then go and you will be amazed...mmm especially the Lamb pizza, YUM!

Best Asian food is The diamond palace in sunshine, its been there over 30 years and I have never had a bad meal there and its cheap!
Going in today to sign the paperwork or the YMCA membership. I am excited about this facility, I hope it does open by the end of the month.
Has anyone else heard that in the Derrimut Village near coles that they are going to build a Mc Donalds and an Aldi store?
mmm .. I heard Aldi . . . which im hoping will be soonish . .

but who knows. . .the Caltex being built across the road from Coles, I had always assumed it was going to be Shell..lol. .as there was Coles.

maccas. . duno .. not sure .. there's plenty around the area already..
Deer Park .. Ring road. . .5 mins down the road near Williams Landing. .
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum