Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Brimbank Gardens, Derrimut VIC

Page 28 of 50
Did anyone notice that now google maps have been updated and reflects all the roads if not most of them to reflect the current state of the estate?

It is good as it was a pain to explain and give directions to ppl coming to your place. =-)

Also, I hope no1 have been affected by last week's heavy rains.
Lol, haven't glanced at Google maps recently . .but good to see its been updated.

On a different note, yes. . i think Brimbank got through the recent rain fairly well...
though i was driving to a mate's place down in pt cook , Up Robinson road, and noticed they had closed the road at the Leakes rd intersection. Must've been a lot of water on the road im assuming.

I've been reading the previous postings, and hope all the other fellow brimbank gardeners get their phone line hooked up sooon. . . .must be flaming annoying and frustrating.

Keep us posted.
reaver
You sure its $320K for the vacant lot? That seems a bit too steep. The guy accross me is selling his newly built home. His reckons hid land is valued at $220K so he'll sell it plus the price of the house.

The Urbanedge display home is going up for sale, 171 Windsor Blvd, and they are quoting 495k to 545k, which means that based on a 280k lot price (since it is about 560m2), the house was only 215k to build? Does anyone know what the base price of that model house is? The extra 50k in the range I think is because they are not sure of the going rate now?

Regarding the water, I think we came out of it okay, one of my friends in Williams Landing facebooked: "All this water is making my ceiling leak... but at least that is better than my neighbour, her ceiling fell down!"
Hmm .. very interesting...
Hypothetically , without knowing the size/quality of the urban edge home...

215k. . mmm.. seems like a fairly gud/lower price.. given the fittings that would be used in the home..

joeygbh
reaver
You sure its $320K for the vacant lot? That seems a bit too steep. The guy accross me is selling his newly built home. His reckons hid land is valued at $220K so he'll sell it plus the price of the house.

The Urbanedge display home is going up for sale, 171 Windsor Blvd, and they are quoting 495k to 545k, which means that based on a 280k lot price (since it is about 560m2), the house was only 215k to build? Does anyone know what the base price of that model house is? The extra 50k in the range I think is because they are not sure of the going rate now?

Regarding the water, I think we came out of it okay, one of my friends in Williams Landing facebooked: "All this water is making my ceiling leak... but at least that is better than my neighbour, her ceiling fell down!"
They would've brought that land in 2008/9... how long have those displays been there for??
So probably only purchased the land for under $200k...

The size of the house is rather large so I would think base price would be around $215k but they probably would've spent over $40k in upgrades

trippy
I've been reading the previous postings, and hope all the other fellow brimbank gardeners get their phone line hooked up sooon. . . .must be flaming annoying and frustrating.

Keep us posted.

Still got nothing.. I called them two weeks ago since pac-manny and bobes seemed to have some luck. They told me that it's not possible, and even if there was copper installed it would all be pulled out and fibre would be re-installed...
Then was told they would give me more info after March 18th...
This one i think is a better map. Just type in your address. I can even see the recent landscaping i've done to my house.

http://www.nearmap.com/

thegourou20
Did anyone notice that now google maps have been updated and reflects all the roads if not most of them to reflect the current state of the estate?

It is good as it was a pain to explain and give directions to ppl coming to your place. =-)

Also, I hope no1 have been affected by last week's heavy rains.
flagstaffIV
They would've brought that land in 2008/9... how long have those displays been there for??
So probably only purchased the land for under $200k...

The size of the house is rather large so I would think base price would be around $215k but they probably would've spent over $40k in upgrades

I can probably tell you what the price of land was then, it was about 160k. I saw the price sheet for blocks in that release during that time.

The house is apparently a 27 or 29 square design if that helps with the estimation. I don't know what the actual model was though.
flagstaffIV
trippy

Keep us posted.

Still got nothing.. I called them two weeks ago since pac-manny and bobes seemed to have some luck. They told me that it's not possible, and even if there was copper installed it would all be pulled out and fibre would be re-installed...
Then was told they would give me more info after March 18th...

Who are you referring to as 'they' fllaggy ? telstra ? the last info i had was that the last activation for stage 33 will be done on the 18th feb late this week so try again next week il be trying to get some kind of connection regardless of who, im trying again with internode fingers crossed ill let u guys know if it works out seems like only adsl is availible not adsl2+ so its going to be better than any wireless piece of crap i been using .. i get angry everytime i hear about a wireless doongle baah
[/quote]
Who are you referring to as 'they' fllaggy ? telstra ? the last info i had was that the last activation for stage 33 will be done on the 18th feb late this week so try again next week il be trying to get some kind of connection regardless of who, im trying again with internode fingers crossed ill let u guys know if it works out seems like only adsl is availible not adsl2+ so its going to be better than any wireless piece of crap i been using .. i get angry everytime i hear about a wireless doongle baah
[/quote]

Hey there ... how close are you to the land office ?
im with internode, prior to getting the phone line- i used the land office number as a guide to see what sort of Adsl service i could get..and definitely on Adsl2.
you could also check www.adsl2exchanges.com.au . . to determine yr distance from the deer park exchange.
trippy

[/quote]

Hey there ... how close are you to the land office ?
im with internode, prior to getting the phone line- i used the land office number as a guide to see what sort of Adsl service i could get..and definitely on Adsl2.
you could also check http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au . . to determine yr distance from the deer park exchange.[/quote]

Gday trippy .

I have had a good look at the web page u linked to and found when u call the individual companys they say something else so fingers crossed internode come through for us as we have also used the land office as the phone number to see if we can get adsl2+ we are only 1 block away ,
Thanks for ur input , maybe i can come round and pinch some movies off ya ... Jk
lol .. no worries bobes.. welcomed to drop by anytime -seeing as you've self invited yourself.
Can i also offer you some seven seeds coffee ?

on a different note.. with the recent announcement of 4G.. wireless might not be so bad. .
Though who knows when Telstra is rolling it out...
Still not a substitute for fibre .. regardless of what the opposition says.. IMO...
trippy

From what I can tell, Telstra 4G is November this year?
bobes

Hey bobes, yup Telstra.
I told them the info you posted on here and they said they couldn't find anything..
I certainly don't understand how that's possible considering how many people are waiting
I seriously don't think they have the same person looking after specific areas... that to me would just make sense right??

Anyway, they called me yesterday and booked us in to get the phoneline connected on Tuesday... we'll see what really happens......
trippy
lol .. no worries bobes.. welcomed to drop by anytime -seeing as you've self invited yourself.
Can i also offer you some seven seeds coffee ?

on a different note.. with the recent announcement of 4G.. wireless might not be so bad. .
Still not a substitute for fibre .. regardless of what the opposition says.. IMO...

Ohh well coffee would be great too mate but im not too fussy on seven seeds as long as it's not instant ill be happy.
ill be happy to offer any of my automotive skills in return

i heard the 4g in the news but like u said nothing beats a fixed line .

Flaggy - breaking news here we have a new phone line and number just connected this morning so ADSL2+ hopfully in the pipline with internode , telstra just finished up ! Brilliant !
Congratulations. . .lol ..

Well done on getting hooked up with a phone..

And you had Telstra coming over. . .quite impressive.
they usually just subcontract to visionstream..and just collect a fee for being Telstra..lol.
congrats bobes...

how much did you pay for the connection fee?

previously, i was told that i need to pay $250 connection fee eventhough i already paid porter davis to provide the connection point

does internode offer better price than telstra?
pac-manny
congrats bobes...

previously, i was told that i need to pay $250 connection fee eventhough i already paid porter davis to provide the connection point

Hi Pac - thnx

Now you sound confused , we paid PD to dig a trench and lay cable from the house to the pit just like us for $250 but the telco still charges for connection which we have been quoted $299 being a new connection this is seperate but im not complaining after going through hell with wireless dongles i hate it, so im happy to cough up the mulla . We went with the $85 month deal 60gig adsl2+ and home phone with $5 credit on local calls which is more then plenty with internode - telstra offer $88 100gig and no credit for phone line , i doubt ill even come close to using 50gig so we went with internode , many ppl have reccomended them including trippy i believe so hope this helps . FYI telstra said they cant ensure a adsl2+ connection when i asked ...

Still waiting for trippy to invite me for coffee .... lol
Well, I rang TPG yesterday, they check my phone number in their system and offered me one of their product (ADSL2+ off-net). 200GB for $60 without any bundles as I have 3 month contract with my phone line with Telstra when I got it connected last week. The TPG contract is for 6 months only so I am not too fussed. I think Adam said it was a telstra port and also TPG need to arrange something with Telstra to confirm 100% that they can supply me with adsl2+.

We will see how it goes...but I found internode a bit dear as far as I am concerned. :-l
thegourou20
Well, I rang TPG yesterday, they check my phone number in their system and offered me one of their product (ADSL2+ off-net). 200GB for $60 without any bundles as I have 3 month contract with my phone line with Telstra when I got it connected last week. The TPG contract is for 6 months only so I am not too fussed. I think Adam said it was a telstra port and also TPG need to arrange something with Telstra to confirm 100% that they can supply me with adsl2+.

We will see how it goes...but I found internode a bit dear as far as I am concerned. :-l

That's funny you got offered that deal as I am on unlimited for $75 from TPG ADSL2 off net. They didn't even give me the option of a phone with them and told me to connect to Tesltra. So phone line with Telstra, internet with TPG.
yr coffee is coming .. the beans are being planted as we speak in the wild wilderness . . completely untouched and it will be the best coffee..

yer. . the $300 connection fee . . .that's std - the very difficult and onerous task of connecting several bits of wire. Not meaning to sound flippant. .but imo . .that's exorbitant.

Price wise .. can't comment - I have no doubt atm , Internode would be on par with telstra. given that option , I'll choose internode everyday.

Pricewise against Tpg - it's no comparison , Tpg hands down.

Have a lookie on whirlpool regarding the various Isp's that have been discussed here and choose accordingly.
* Let me qualify this - a lot of the statements bandied around on whirlpool - tend to be slightly OTT - too many fanboi's - you'd assume they have shares in the respective companies.
I used to be a Telstra shareholder during it's glory $7 days..heh heh.. bailed out a long time ago.

Internode - been flawless since last yr - high speeds / excellent reliability and lots of redundancy in their network.

*Shame we don't have any Optus cable around our area. .. friend is paying $69 bucks, with a phone line and getting 500gb . . . what the indeed.

bobes
pac-manny
congrats bobes...

Hi Pac - thnx

Now you sound confused , we paid PD to dig a trench and lay cable from the house to the pit just like us for $250 but the telco still charges for connection which we have been quoted $299 being a new connection this is seperate but im not complaining after going through hell with wireless dongles i hate it, so im happy to cough up the mulla . We went with the $85 month deal 60gig adsl2+ and home phone with $5 credit on local calls which is more then plenty with internode - telstra offer $88 100gig and no credit for phone line , i doubt ill even come close to using 50gig so we went with internode , many ppl have reccomended them including trippy i believe so hope this helps . FYI telstra said they cant ensure a adsl2+ connection when i asked ...

Still waiting for trippy to invite me for coffee .... lol
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum