Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Brimbank Gardens, Derrimut VIC

Page 24 of 50
LOL.. Many thanks mate . .

appreciate the follow up..

well, I just had a look through Whirlpool, and someone mentioned Supagas, which is on Fairbairn road, so not too far away. . and I think they mentioned about $25 per bottle.
* Have two bottles to fill, hence looking for a reasonable price.

though as you say, at a pinch , knowing there's one around the corner as a backup and dare I say, more availability with their trading hours.

joeygbh
trippy
* joeygbh* Thanks again, I will check them out later, I'll presume they will be the best option in terms of availability after 5pm . .or during the main work hours. etc etc.

do you know how much they charge to fill a 9kg bottle..

Just called them for you: $29.90, so a bit more expensive (~35%), but they'll do in a pinch I guess.
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know if the council stickers your rubbish bins with your house numbers OR do you need to DIY?

Thanks!
Our bins have house numbers provided by Council
Edward
Our bins have house numbers provided by Council

Thanks Edward,

I thought that was the case, but have been told sometimes they don't.
Well on a different note - ended up at the carwash place near highpoint at the bottom of the hill during the weekend. Got both bottles filled for $22 each - did a bit of shopping and made it home prior to the torrential rain.

Has anyone noticed the lake that is forming on the farmland, to the left of Robinson road... not far from the entrance..?
Getting rather sizable now..
trippy
Has anyone noticed the lake that is forming on the farmland, to the left of Robinson road... not far from the entrance..?

If your talking about entrance to Widsor, it's actually a Conservation Reserve (Melbourne Water Retarding Basin is right next to it).

But... have you noticed the seagulls all along the houses closest to Robinson's road. I think only one house has a lightly coloured roof. Eeeeep!
Well that would make sense. . if it's a melb water reserve.. i've noticed wildlife starting to gather around all the water now..

* With regards to the seagulls ..yes. .omg ..i've driven past on some days, where it's been a veritable flock of seagulls hovering...lol. . I think thats stilll an apt description.. flock of seagulls.

Adam.M
trippy

If your talking about entrance to Widsor, it's actually a Conservation Reserve (Melbourne Water Retarding Basin is right next to it).

But... have you noticed the seagulls all along the houses closest to Robinson's road. I think only one house has a lightly coloured roof. Eeeeep!
Saw this on the net this morning

http://theage.domain.com.au/real-estate ... utostart=1
reaver

I've noticed that alot lately... all these 'lease' signs going up... makes me abit sad as we're about to move into our place..
trippy

Haven't really been near that side of the estate.

How does it compare to the one @ the 'grassland' on Boundary Rd it's HUGE and feels like flooding the road at any moment. Lots of wildlife there. I recon they should just lake that and build some park around it

I have notice that there is a club of RC planes there a few times any one know who they are? They have a clubhouse there too I think. I am thinking of taking that up some time in the future when more toy funds become available (after paying off the house!).

I've been buying meat from the tiptop place a few times now. Also discovered another similar one called General meet trader not far from tiptop, on the other side of the freeway. Saw it one day while stuck @ the on ramp to WG freeway. Might try there next time to see how it compares.

Their signage indicate they have some seafood as well.
Funnily enough, i don't go down that way, so I can't comment on the grassland lakes. . .

Clearly Derrimut is in its early formative stages to be the next millior dollar suburbs with all it's water views...

Mmm..lots of things to do once the house has been paid off.Taking up full time golf. . springs to mind.
yes yes. . no one sneer .. keen golfer. . though not much time recently since the big move. . as a Fho.
i seem to spend more time cleaning these days. ..lol.

So how's the meat prices down at tip top . . .
ie, eye fillet / Tbone / mince / etc etc ..
as a point of reference, umm, from Mastercuts in Tulla -
the eye fillet is $19.95 pkg/ Tbone $13.95 - $15.95 / $6.95 pkg for mince

i do recall seeing the General meat trader off the ring rd. . .
we are still sticking with tullamarine atm.. meat quality, awesome and delish. esp their eye fillet.

fruitty
trippy

Haven't really been near that side of the estate.

How does it compare to the one @ the 'grassland' on Boundary Rd it's HUGE and feels like flooding the road at any moment. Lots of wildlife there. I recon they should just lake that and build some park around it

I have notice that there is a club of RC planes there a few times any one know who they are? They have a clubhouse there too I think. I am thinking of taking that up some time in the future when more toy funds become available (after paying off the house!).

I've been buying meat from the tiptop place a few times now. Also discovered another similar one called General meet trader not far from tiptop, on the other side of the freeway. Saw it one day while stuck @ the on ramp to WG freeway. Might try there next time to see how it compares.

Their signage indicate they have some seafood as well.
TPG told me today that my application is not successful becoz there is port available anymore for ADSL2+ connection...

I was told last week that there were ports available
daaym....how come?
guys, any broadband service that you could recommend?
pac-manny
guys, any broadband service that you could recommend?

That's gota be annoying. Bummer to hear about that.
Im with Internode myself, at the time when I signed, it was $50 pm for 50gb - subsequently prices in the market place have changed and it's now not looking the best. . but I read there are changes coming soon from Internode.

* With regards to service and speed. . it's been flawless.

http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/
Might help. Along with whirlpool.
i was advised by TPG to get an active phone line from Telstra becoz i'm on the pair gain...my problem is what if after I have applied an active phone line, then TPG told me there's no port available on the pair gain??
The community hub is almost completed. Does anyone have an idea as to when it will open and with what? I don't want it being left idle for most of the year - that will just invite vandals.
I saw heaps of cars park at the community hub (next to the school?) on the way home from work today. Any ideas whats going on there?

There is a Bunning under construction on western highway just past burnside / westwood drv.
fruitty
I saw heaps of cars park at the community hub (next to the school?) on the way home from work today. Any ideas whats going on there?

There is a Bunning under construction on western highway just past burnside / westwood drv.

This morning car park was filled with tradies vans, so I would suspect that they are still doing fit outs. I'm gonna have a stab and say they are trying to make it by the election date to show that they have done something for the community - would be a great election spinner to have the voting in the new community hub...

Is the bunnings decent enough in size?
The cars were there after hours and didn't look like ute or vans just you average family cars (I think). The bunnings look big enough like the ussual, it's actually 1 door down from Boral.
Hey everyone. . that community hub is that where the Ymca is going to be located. .?
if memory serves me correct, child care / occasional care. etc etc. .

ooh . .thats good to hear the Bunnings under construction-handy to have one around the corner.

Are you sure it's Bunnings ? As i read the Woolworth's competitor is going to be based in Burnside. .
so perhaps it might be that?
Unless there's a sign which specifically says Bunnings," . .. Coming soon . .."

** On a different note regarding Isp's - Internode have recently changed some prices around after negotiations with Telstra.
so have a quick look on their website. . .but for $49 - you can get 60 gb of download. (Bundled)
or an extra $30 for 200gb pm.

So not a patch on Tpg clearly, but apples for courses.

fruitty

Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum