Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Gas Abolishment - Brisbane city council

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone

Did anyone recently applied gas abolishment in Brisbane city council area for gas abolishment , we recently purchased a property and applied for gas abolishment , however AGL saying it could take up to 6 weeks as Brisbane city council need to approve gas distributor ( Australian gas network ) to perform removal of connection

We have booked demolition end of may so just trying to see if we have enough time , electricity is no dramas so far as it take 20 business days

please let me know if anyone know any process of escalating as property is vacant and dont want to keep it empty
I would try the Queensland Electricity and Gas Ombudsman https://www.ewoq.com.au/

We had the same problem in Victoria and spoke to the Victorian Ombudsman and the supply was disconnected the next day.
Wow looks Iike energy companies are deliberately doing this which is bad practice
bashworth
I would try the Queensland Electricity and Gas Ombudsman https://www.ewoq.com.au/

We had the same problem in Victoria and spoke to the Victorian Ombudsman and the supply was disconnected the next day.

Thanks for your advice, I will reach out to ombudsman
Related
9/04/2024
Gas abolishment home renovation

Owner Builder Forum

We are about to partially demo our house to begin a major renovation… by partial it almost may as well be a new build (keeping front for heritage) This will require the…

7/06/2023
Renting knock-down rebuild pre council/demolition

Building A New House

We've had the offer of a short term tenant whilst waiting for CDC/DA home approval and demolition for our knock down rebuild. It would achieve a pretty low rent as it's…

6/07/2023
Cumberland Council (NSW) setback requirements

Building A New House

This was on google. Development controls 2.3.1 Front setback D1 New buildings within residential areas shall adhere to a front building line, which is 5.5-6m to the…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum