Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Concrete apron and weep holes

Page 1 of 1
Gday all. Does anyone have the codes or how I can find the code to distance below weep holes for concrete path around the home. I have read through random threads it’s 75mm but I can’t find the actual document.
Spoke with the concreter and was told it is 75mm but can go to 50mm below. I’ve also read 50mm is if it’s covered by a veranda or structure. We have eaves so does this include covered?
Just chasing the correct document but cannot find the info required. Our concreter wants to go 50mm below but left the choice with me to decide 50 or 75mm.
I think it will be an issue at the rear of the property if we go 50mm because the outdoor entertainment area will be lower that concrete he pours. We do have a drain but don’t want water pooling in there as it doesn’t always drain away straight away.

I prefer what is required by legislation if there is such a thing in Victoria.

The damp proof course sits at the bottom of the weep hole.

The location of a damp-proof course or flashing serving as a damp-proof course, must be not less than—
(i) 150 mm above the adjacent ground level; or
(ii) 75 mm above the finished surface level of adjacent paved, concreted or landscaped areas that slope away from
the wall; or
(iii) 50 mm above finished paved, concreted or landscaped areas complying with 3.1.3.3(b)(ii) and protected from
the direct effects of the weather by a carport, verandah or the like; or
(iv) in low rainfall intensity areas—
(A) 15 mm above finished paved, concreted or landscaped areas; or
(B) 0 mm above finished paved, concreted or landscaped areas if the damp-proof course is protected from
the direct effects of the weather by a carport, verandah or the like
I've always known it to be:

The height of the DPC or weep holes must not be less than 150 mm in areas where there is adjacent land (Soil etc...) to protect for ground movement. It can be reduced to 75 mm in areas where there is concrete/pavement that slope away from the wall. It can also be reduced further when protected by a carport etc.

I've known of people not getting their occupation certificate due to inadequate clearance to weep holes, so make sure you get it right. It's one of the most common defects I see when conducting insurance surveys. Concrete paths in most cases are too high.
Benny123
I've always known it to be:

The height of the DPC or weep holes must not be less than 150 mm in areas where there is adjacent land (Soil etc...) to protect for ground movement. It can be reduced to 75 mm in areas where there is concrete/pavement that slope away from the wall. It can also be reduced further when protected by a carport etc.

I've known of people not getting their occupation certificate due to inadequate clearance to weep holes, so make sure you get it right. It's one of the most common defects I see when conducting insurance surveys. Concrete paths in most cases are too high.

You are correct. Just read through all the ncc rules and 75mm is the minimum requirement for me.
Related
13/06/2023
Weep holes neighbours

General Discussion

it depends on the natural ground level, if they excavated their boundary wall needed to be built as a retaining wall. If you filled, which sounds like the case then you…

27/07/2023
Weep holes required?

General Discussion

I know foam has been around since the 90's and CSR started manufacturing Hebel in 1989, so it's definitely possible

3/04/2024
How to fix and prevent small holes in the mortar (between th

General Discussion

Recently I moved to a 30 year old house and found within few months there are small brown nests in the brick mortar and few small round holes in few places of brick…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum