Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Floorzone.......Perth

Page 1 of 1
Hey guy's it's great to be on the forum

Yep , I'm a newbie , not very good on computers , dubious handyman skills , not the sharpest tool in the shed but i can lift heavy things , that is untill the ******* knee or back gives in

Anyway...........has anyone had any dealings with a company called Floorzone ......aka Firmafloor in Osborne Park Perth ?

Well i have and they have not been great.

4 weeks out from my new Blackbutt timber floors being laid in my brand new house i receive a letter from a Liquidator / Receivership company telling me they have gone bust.

After ringing them , they say it is unlikely i will see any of my $4000 deposit , but come along to the creditors meeting anyway. I can't wait.

Now , having no real legal options available and as nice it would be , to knock on the front door of the company directors private homes ( mansions ) and demand my "stolen" money be returned or there will be consequences i must try and be more diplomatic

We were supposed to be getting Blackbutt pre-engineered 3 strip something or rather ( It was probably going to be recostituted saw dust or something ) painted concrete and a floor rug will do me now , but i have to keep the better half happy.

Now , after getting stung once , or twice if you count the decking disaster i need some recommendations ?

with my confidence in ruins and my finances in tatters i need some suggestions on some reputable timber flooring companies in Perth

Am i better off buying the timber from a timber shop and getting someone else to lay it or get it done from the same place ?

This time there will be no 40% deposit upfront...................I know..........i should of only paid 10% , the wife has said all there needs to be said on that one.

$50 sqm for timber $50 sqm to install , skirting chucked in for free i thought was fairly reasonable

Should i be expecting to pay more ?
Hi Archie, sorry to hear about your dilemma. We got our floors done by Bosch Timber in Wangara. They were great, very professional the company they use for the sanding and finishing were a bit rough but in saying that my SIL used them (the sanding company) and she had no dramas with them.
The floors were done a year and a half ago now so prices may have changed but this is what we got.
Our floors were Grey Iron bark 12mm at a cost of roughly $6200 for 93m2 then for the installation sanding and coating $6600. This is also with the extra 5% they add on for any bad spots in the wood and cuts they may not realise they have to do. This also included the splaybead(quarteround).
Good luck Archie and welcome to the forum.

http://www.boschtimber.com.au/
gweluphome
Hi Archie, sorry to hear about your dilemma. We got our floors done by Bosch Timber in Wangara. They were great, very professional the company they use for the sanding and finishing were a bit rough but in saying that my SIL used them (the sanding company) and she had no dramas with them.
The floors were done a year and a half ago now so prices may have changed but this is what we got.
Our floors were Grey Iron bark 12mm at a cost of roughly $6200 for 93m2 then for the installation sanding and coating $6600. This is also with the extra 5% they add on for any bad spots in the wood and cuts they may not realise they have to do. This also included the splaybead(quarteround).
Good luck Archie and welcome to the forum.

http://www.boschtimber.com.au/

Thanks for that gweluphome i'll check them out.
I used BLT Flooring
www.bltflooring.com.au
they dug me out the floorzone nightmare - allowed me to buy materials though their trade accounts - getting the materials at cost. This was as long as they got the fitting work. Even though i lost my deposit with Floorzone i still got the total job done for the amount quoted at the beginning. It just goes to show how much retail outlets make on mark ups.
BLT had no showroom, but they could save you the inital 40% mark -up or dig you out the hole if you have already lost your deposit.

Anyway hope this helps others in the same position....
andrewhowey100
I used BLT Flooring
www.bltflooring.com.au
they dug me out the floorzone nightmare - allowed me to buy materials though their trade accounts - getting the materials at cost. This was as long as they got the fitting work. Even though i lost my deposit with Floorzone i still got the total job done for the amount quoted at the beginning. It just goes to show how much retail outlets make on mark ups.
BLT had no showroom, but they could save you the inital 40% mark -up or dig you out the hole if you have already lost your deposit.

Anyway hope this helps others in the same position....

Cheers andrewhowey100

I don't suppose you have any pics of the floor.

Forgive my suspicous nature , thanks to Floorzone / Elegant Timber Flooring , but not having a showroom raises my eyebrows somewhat.

Were you able to see the timber before purchasing , and not just a sample piece ?
How much deposit was required ?

Most of the flooring companies in Perth seem to be ******* fly - by - night operations.
Bamboozle have been the most proffesional outfit i have dealt with so far.
Woodstock Flooring were pretty good too.

The mission continues.
Bamboozle were probably the most professional company i visited as well, i actually got the Bamboozle caramel board fitted. Bamboozle wanted $140 per sqm.
I paid $105 through BLT, I choose to buy the wood at their trade prices directly to the importers, the other option they gave me was to pay an inital 10% deposit and another 30% on delivery of materials and the final payment of 60% on satisfactory completion of the floor.
They delivered within 3 days of our inital contact, turned up to fit on time as agreed and done a great job.
Their price included cutting door frames, moisture barrier, glue, beading, fitting, delivery.

I can email you a few pictures of my completed job but i do not know how to do it through this.

I suppose i got stung and was wary, i did not have the finances to go to a retailer again though. I suppose it was down to the feeling when i met them, they had samples of most boards and offered to try and contact a previously fitted customer to arrange for me to go and see it.

Anyway my drama was over quickly, floor down on time and i'm happy.
andrewhowey100
Bamboozle were probably the most professional company i visited as well, i actually got the Bamboozle caramel board fitted. Bamboozle wanted $140 per sqm.
I paid $105 through BLT, I choose to buy the wood at their trade prices directly to the importers, the other option they gave me was to pay an inital 10% deposit and another 30% on delivery of materials and the final payment of 60% on satisfactory completion of the floor.
They delivered within 3 days of our inital contact, turned up to fit on time as agreed and done a great job.
Their price included cutting door frames, moisture barrier, glue, beading, fitting, delivery.

I can email you a few pictures of my completed job but i do not know how to do it through this.

I suppose i got stung and was wary, i did not have the finances to go to a retailer again though. I suppose it was down to the feeling when i met them, they had samples of most boards and offered to try and contact a previously fitted customer to arrange for me to go and see it.

Anyway my drama was over quickly, floor down on time and i'm happy.

That's a pretty good price you got there for the Bamboozle caramel.

I bet it looks great.

How does the caramel stand up to scratches ?

pm sent.
I went to B & C Timber Floorings showroom in Jandakot, they gave me heaps of advice without pushing for a sale. The Owner is actual one of the installers and the wife runs the showroom. They only asked for a 5% deposit and then progress payments as the job was getting done. I always had paid less money than what materials where at my house or what work had been done. The final payment was made when the owner and I viewed the finished floor. I have recommended them to all my friends and family. Good luck Archie
Hi

just to agree with a point raised here i also lost a $4000 deposit with floorzone and learned that BLT flooring were the main contractors for floorzone and were due to lay my floor this week.I contacted Andy and he was so helpful and explained what had happened and if he could he would be there for any help!.I took a couple of days and rang back to see what my options were,Andy explained that he would let me use his trade account and purchase the timber i required at his cost price and all he wanted to do was lay the floor for the original price.I and my husband discussed this and we decided to go ahead and get the job done.The price was £1000 dollars more expensive due to price increases but i paid the wholesaler direct and BLT delivered the floor and laid it exactly as and when they quoted.I am now over my disappointment and can only advice anyone out there in the same predicament to give them a call or contact them through their website www.bltflooring.com.au.

good luck

Frances
Well i have finally been released from jury duty so i am free to continue on my pursuit into the unknown.

Thanks for the replies guys , much appreciated.

I visited a few more timber floor showrooms yesterday and was told by one , that due to the fall in the Australian dollar timber prices are increasing.

I thought that strange , since i was enquiring about solid NSW Blackbutt , which to my knowledge is an Australian Hardwood grown an produced in Australia , but i am no economist.

Another told me that NSW Blackbutt is in huge demand , stock levels are low and therefore it is carrying a premium price. This seemed more true.

The choice so far :

NSW Blackbutt - solid plank 83 x 12mm or 90 x 10mm T&G - $140 - $160 sqm supply and install , and about $70 - 80 sqm for sanding and finish.
All up , for about 105 sqm , the price is approximately $23,000. Definately out of our price range unfortunately.

NSW Blackbutt - 19mm T&G - 130 x 19mm - $90 - $108 sqm supply and install , works out to be around 10 grand minimum.

I'm definately starting to miss that $4000 that was STOLEN by Floorzone now !

Anyway , off to check out some Bamboo and other alternatives.
Related
16/05/2023
Best carpet deals in perth

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have you tried Parry's or Carpet Court?

29/01/2024
Building with Status Residential Perth, Yeah Nah?

Building A New House

What is your feedback of Status residential please ?

19/09/2023
Perth premium builders

Building A New House

You could try Marc homes (Giorgi) and Urbane

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum