Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Lexicon quarter walls with white trim

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
We have an open plan apartment with lots of glass & light so we were thinking of painting the walls Lexicon Quarter but wondering which white is 'whiter & brighter' to do the doors & trim in a gloss to stand out?
Hope you can help
gayengarry
Hi,
We have an open plan apartment with lots of glass & light so we were thinking of painting the walls Lexicon Quarter but wondering which white is 'whiter & brighter' to do the doors & trim in a gloss to stand out?
Hope you can help

We painted a piece of board with Lexicon Quarter with White on White border & the Lexicon Quarter looks lighter & brighter than the White on White
We want the trim to be the lightest & brightest colour so we are now thinking of using Casper White quarter on the walls with White on White trim??

Would really appreciate any help or suggestions for cool crisp white walls with a light bright white trim

Thanking you in advance
G&G
Oh, I know what you mean. It's hard to guess with white. We painted one piece of board with Snowy Mountains with Casper White border in our open plan apartment. So Casper White was lighter. You definetly should try Casper White.
My friend has the same problem, but with other wallpaper. He used Silk Plaster. It was hard to choose whiter and brighter. Thanks to the expert he could combine colors as he wanted.
So it's better for you to contact an expert.
Casper white is a slightly warmer white than lexicon, so I would suggest first choosing what you want the overall feel of your place to be - warmer or cooler. Then choose a white for the walls based on that.

Does the trim need to be a different colour? A gloss finish may do the trick. Otherwise have a look at vivid white if you have not already, it's a bright white.
I just did an apartment project, we went the other way around and made it less crisp and more warm. The previous wall paint colour was Crisp White by Taubmans.

As cbee suggested I think a different colour would look strange, I would go for high gloss (sanded and sprayed, rolled high gloss doesn't look great) if you were adamant on the mouldings sticking out.
We did vivid white trims with lexicon quarter on the walls, for our internals. I think it looks good, would stick with vivid white
Related
8/02/2024
Skirting/Windows Trim acceptable tolerance/gaps

Building A New House

Caulking gaps that big will look horrible

22/05/2023
Urgent!!! Bathroom walls

General Discussion

Render your bathroom walls, two opinions versus the one, makes you wonder.

30/05/2023
Rendered cladding walls cracks

General Discussion

The spacing of the studs looks pretty large especially for a load bearing wall.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum