Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Moving retaining wall

Page 1 of 1
Hello!

We are first time home builders and when we purchased our land 2 years ago, there was no retaining wall on the disclosure site plan. The land was also still in the development stage so it was subject to change. The whole estate layout changed and cheap looking rock retaining walls were added to the back of our block and half of the side like an L shape. This leaves us with virtually no backyard. We wanted to look into the possibility of moving the retaining wall back to the fence line and using concrete/timber sleepers so it looks neater/nicer. The only thing I’m worried about is we are under body corporate and the retaining wall runs along the back of 2 other properties also. I’ve attached a photo of the disclosure to make it easier to understand.

Does anyone know the process of where to start to get this looked into? We are on the Gold Coast in QLD. Thank you!

Hey @Emily94 Welcome to the forum
Your plan shows Drainage and Sewer pipes adjacent to the boundary , so that may be the reason why the
retaining walls are set back off the boundary, in the event of future excavations, check the invert levels, etc.?
Bridging the retaining wall on the boundary with piers and beams is possible
The question is do you have the additional funds?
BTW, the engineering details are common, but the work is expensive.
my2c, Sorry, If you're on a cheap plot of land ... forget it...
Cheers
Chris
Related
7/03/2024
Retaining wall to garage wall

Building A New House

Thank you again Simeon.. I will call my certifier for that. Have a good day

1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

13/05/2023
Retaining wall under patio slab

Landscape & Garden Design

Thanks for the insights, that makes perfect sense, and yeah, I will be leaning on the experience of the excavator operator entirely.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum