Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Retaining wall & council woes what next

Page 1 of 1
Long story as these things usually are.

Approved plan has a retaining wall adjacent to side boundary. Engineering details are included etc. my block side boundary requires 600mm retaining of which I am paying 100% of cost.

The wall is to be done by owner after pad cut.

The council states they want integrating fencing on retaining walls (concrete/timber sleepers) every house in the entire estate has this setup where boundary is split by fence with retaining wall underneath.

My landscaper constructed it in this way.

My neighbour now does not want it touching the boundary even by 30mm. I have engaged throughout and suggested this was a more structural sound solution rather than his fence in ground with retained ground set back 50mm from fence etc.

Council have said this does not comply as plans show adjacent to boundary and would have required separate Construction certification.

My certifier is yet to visit

As I understand my only options are:

1.Neighbour does nothing (highly unlikely)
2.Move retaining wall back 30mm
3.Obtain building information certificate with site survey.

I have been civil with neighbour the entire time and discussed the approach however at last minute he has said otherwise and has been extremely difficult to deal with.

Any ideas or suggestions for such an issue? Thanks in advance
If the retaining wall and fence are moved 30mm onto your property , are you really going to miss that 30mm?

Stewie
Related
7/03/2024
Retaining wall to garage wall

Building A New House

Thank you again Simeon.. I will call my certifier for that. Have a good day

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum