Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Sliding Door - massive problem

Page 1 of 1
Replacing locks from our fixer upper house when always reliable junior and his friends decided to shut the screen door when it wasnt fully completed. Now I cant seem to unlatch it from the wall. Hopefully pictures will give a better understanding. Is there anything to be done or just angle grind it to oblivion?The yellow circled area is why its locked - the rest moves freely
Have you tried putting the handle and spindle back in the hole and turning it?
Or you can put a large flat blade screwdriver in the square hole diagonally and turn it.
Thanks chippy - unfortunately yes have tried that even reconstructed the entire latch within the door in hopes it would click it but nothing seems to budge that one area - its almost locked for eternity lol
And you have tried putting the cylinder back in?
You won't be able to screw the cylinder in while it's on but if you can hold it in place and turn the key it may work
Yes lol tried that too - again seems unrelated to any other part of the mechanism like its its own separate thing - odd as had replaced all the other locks and even this one was installed and working fine just wanted to change out the lock (putting the old lock barrel in to replace the newer one so less keys) buy when the kids closed the door when it was just the internal part it insta-locked in place
May have to ask manufacturers if there is a solution
Thanks for all your help chippy and others looking - managed to solve it by sheer luck and no longer caring if it got destroyed
Related
1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

3/12/2023
Sliding door to bathroom noisy

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Thanks Chippy . Did also see a YouTube video before. Removed them . Thanks again for the advice.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum