Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

NSW Apartment/Class3 Entry Doors.

Page 1 of 1
Hi I been looking for quotes to replace my entry door to my studio/dwelling, I damaged it myself although it was on the way out but splitting costs with strata, does anyone know if these types of doors need to be a Fire door like everyone refers to them as or a solid core fire rated door which are alot cheaper but still get 60/90 mins fire rating, proper fire doors are the ones on stairwell exits/hallways, anyone know of the regulation for entry doors to dwellings, are solid core fire rated doors with closers the norm, its a old building, but with a upgrade probably have to get the seals etc as well to meet current standard, so Fire Door V solid core door or they just both the same.
Your strata manager should be all over the regs concerning this and be able to give you the right advice.

Stewie
Your apartment, does "the" door open onto a common hall? is the hall enclosed within the building or an open hall (open on the sides - external walk way?). On the hinge side of the door is there a plate fixed to the frame or the door advising a FRL (Fire Rating Level).
Craig
Related
23/05/2023
Which entry door pull handle to go for?

Building A New House

Black on light wood does look good. Not sure if it will be as long lasting as a steel finish?

10/03/2024
Fittting Lower Ground entry door/landing in 2200mm of FFL

Renovation + Home Improvement

I am looking to design an entry door to a lower ground basement that has 2200mm between the external entry height to FFL of the ground floor. This door will provide an…

1/05/2023
preliminary agreement deposit limit in NSW

Building A New House

In NSW the maximum deposit for building work is 5% until the builder provides HBCF insurance

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum