Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Estate developer enforcing Landscaping guidelines

Page 1 of 1
Hi all
I have built a house in The Platform estate in Donnybrook VIC. Its a rental so for the front yard I just put paving, timber edging and Tuscan toppings.
Now the developer has come back saying that the landscaping has to be done according to the landscaping plans that was submitted by the builder which included planting along with lawn.
In the email they have threatened legal action if the landscaping is not done as per the submitted plan within 30 days.
The email also states that this will cause problems when I try to sell the house.
I found this to be a bit extreme.
How much of this is true? Has anyone been in a similar situation?
Any feedback will be appreciated. Cheers.
Same boat as you are
It seems a bit unreasonable in my opinion for an investment property.
I had plants & grass installed and all dried up because the tenants didn't look after it. Hence I filled it with Tuscan toppings.
Can't seem to win here with this developer.
Nash86
It seems a bit unreasonable in my opinion for an investment property.
I had plants & grass installed and all dried up because the tenants didn't look after it. Hence I filled it with Tuscan toppings.
Can't seem to win here with this developer.

estate design requirements aren't different for owner occ or investment. They're trying to achieve a unified look. Install some automatic reticulation so that tenants dont have to think about it.
Related
15/06/2023
Excavation for landscaping

Building A New House

Hmmm, I have checked your past posts and it seems that you are in NSW, not WA as I had thought. It pays to show your State in your avatar. Retaining wall regulations…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum