Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Crossover/driveway question

Page 1 of 1
We have a block of land with a narrow frontage that becomes wider as the block goes on. It is approx 11.5m at 6m setback.
Question is this…
The crossover/driveway is on the right side of the block, however we want to put the garage on the left side for solar orientation. However there is a stobie/power pole on that left side where the ideal crossover would be.
Can we
A) have a crossover and garage that don’t line up, meaning somewhat curved angled driveway.
B) does this effect the setback we would need to have.
I know we can’t move the stobie pole which would be the ideal situation.
Help!
A curved driveway wouldn't be easy to maneuver an average length 4.6m car in a 6m front yard. Looks like you might need to find a different house design to suit.
With narrow blocks, it is usually stipulated by the developer which side you need to put your garage. Your house will have a build to boundary garage and so will the house next door. They are all on the same side of the block so they don't touch.
See if there is ways you can alter your house design.
Related
30/04/2023
Gravel Driveway

Building A New House

Thanks TamFed!

2/05/2023
Concrete driveway: joint spacing

Paving & Concreting

Hi all I need a guidance on how far I need to space expansion joints in the concrete driveway and its type (keyway/foam.) Contraction joints are at 3m max for a 125 slab. Thanks

3/05/2023
No provision for a discharge point for the driveway

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi All, We have a fall from road to garage front. But we cannot put a drain/grate because no discharge point put by the builder. Now they complain not enough space for…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum