Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Double crossover

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys ,

I have a 19m wide lot with two crossover on the land . My question is how much is the ideal setback do I need in the front in order to make a driveway connecting two crossovers . Right now according to the design I have left 4.7m setback from the front . Is that enough to do a u shape driveway ?

Thanks
Think about the turning circle of the vehicle you intend to use. You will need at the minimum the entire circle for the distance between the outside of both crossovers. You may look to add some additional space so you're not on full lock the whole time and to allow some space to have some time to straighten up while in the middle section of your frontage, perhaps?

As for the distance to the setback, that will require likely half of the turning circle of the vehicle, and could be reduced due to an angled approach to your driveway...

If you have the car available, why not try it and check?
Related
1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

20/07/2023
Double door frame size

General Discussion

Current door width is approx 2700, looking to have double doors fitted 820-820. What size does the frame need to be before door jamb? Thanks

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum