Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Eagle Home Builder

Page 1 of 1
Hi, just wondering anyone build with Eagle Home? Hope someone can answer my questions as we are 1st home buyer and totally no idea.

My partner and I put a deposit for land and house package. We are getting all documents ready to apply loan as the land settlement soon. As our land and house come with split contract, the bank requested to get land contract and building contract with signed. But our solicitor want us to take note on a term in building contract as below, just wondering is this a normal term? Of course we sent email to the builder to clarify these terms but they would like to give us a call on tomorrow for explanation. However we want to keep record so we ask them to reply in email. Unfortunately they keep dragging the time day by day 😠 2 days ago replied and said will give us answer next day, next day said next days again, we still waiting TODAY

OWNER/S AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:

1) Where Land registration of the deposited Plan has taken place the Price will only be held for a period of 21 days after registration of the Land or Building Plan approval and Construction Certificate issued whichever is the latter, this must occur prior to the expiry date on this Agreement and all conditions, Approvals and all requirements must be satisfied, and thereafter the Price will be subject to an increase by the Builder and in this respect, time shall be of the essence.

2). The Owner shall pay to the Builder an Administration Fee of $15,000.00 upon signing of this Preliminary Agreement. The Owner/s acknowledges that all monies paid under this Preliminary Agreement are non-refundable.

We already pay the $15,000, can this be deducted from the total building price?

Thank you
Lai Chrid
Hi, just wondering anyone build with Eagle Home? Hope someone can answer my questions as we are 1st home buyer and totally no idea.

My partner and I put a deposit for land and house package. We are getting all documents ready to apply loan as the land settlement soon. As our land and house come with split contract, the bank requested to get land contract and building contract with signed. But our solicitor want us to take note on a term in building contract as below, just wondering is this a normal term? Of course we sent email to the builder to clarify these terms but they would like to give us a call on tomorrow for explanation. However we want to keep record so we ask them to reply in email. Unfortunately they keep dragging the time day by day 😠 2 days ago replied and said will give us answer next day, next day said next days again, we still waiting TODAY

OWNER/S AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:

1) Where Land registration of the deposited Plan has taken place the Price will only be held for a period of 21 days after registration of the Land or Building Plan approval and Construction Certificate issued whichever is the latter, this must occur prior to the expiry date on this Agreement and all conditions, Approvals and all requirements must be satisfied, and thereafter the Price will be subject to an increase by the Builder and in this respect, time shall be of the essence.

2). The Owner shall pay to the Builder an Administration Fee of $15,000.00 upon signing of this Preliminary Agreement. The Owner/s acknowledges that all monies paid under this Preliminary Agreement are non-refundable.

We already pay the $15,000, can this be deducted from the total building price?

Thank you

How was your experience with Eagle Homes? We are considering them, but still in early stages.
Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum