Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Building envelope on two different zones (one without a buil

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone, newly here. We are hoping to build a new house and for that to happen we are in the process of buying a small strip of land (371 square meters) from our neighbour. Our intention is to build the house partially on our existing block (RU4) and partially on the new block (R5). Our existing block is 6.5 acres, we are on a rural property. Council has mentioned that the strip of land we buy will retain the existing zoning (R5). Our existing block has a building entitlement (we have to knock down the old house before we build the new one) but the strip of land we are about to buy doesn't have a building entitlement. Just wondering if anyone has tried to build over two different zones (one without a building entitlement) and if they ran in any trouble with council. I will go and chat to council next week but hope to go in prepared. The alternative is not to build on the strip of land we are about to buy but we would lose a lot of our flat land around the house which we hope to avoid. Cheers, Yvonne
Related
11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. Does this placement sound reasonable to you? Also, I plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room…

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. I think i plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room (mainly for entertainment so not used often),…

12/04/2024
Two kitchens in one house - planning rules

General Discussion

"is it exempt or do I need to get permission from council" Call your Council and ask them

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum