Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Who is Building Glenleigh With Kurmond Homes 2021?

Page 1 of 2
Hi All

Just Checking on who is building Glenleigh with Kurmond Homes.

We are in Pre-Construction/Colour Stage and it is taking forever.

Hoping to get DA approval soon.

Keen to know who else is building...
Updates here...

DA Approved on 05/10/2021

Waiting for Certifier approval....

Anyone also building with Kurmond Homes at all?
CDC Approval on 06/10/2021
Hi Haddie,
I'm looking to build the Glenleigh.
We're in a bit of situation with the loan/build process so not sure we can go ahead with building. It depends how fast we can get the tender signed and CDC.
Do you mind sharing how many days wait it was to get from signing the tender to the CDC approval?
Hi Haddie,
Congrats on your process with them.
Hi nearC

Thanks for the best wishes.

It’s been a long process for us. Many versions of tender revisions from February 2021.

We signed tender on 17th August.

DA Approved on 5th October
CDC Approval on the 6th October

Still waiting to sign the colour variations 😊. Hopefully this week.
Take your time to check ALL the specifications and ask your questions on each item you are unclear about.
Haddie
Hi nearC

Thanks for the best wishes.

It’s been a long process for us. Many versions of tender revisions from February 2021.

We signed tender on 17th August.

DA Approved on 5th October
CDC Approval on the 6th October

Still waiting to sign the colour variations 😊. Hopefully this week.

Haddie,
I started the planning about Sept2020 and had many versions of the floor plan revised.
We are being advised that we can make additional changes during the colour later and no need to veryly fuss over minor details on the plan right now.
Were you told the same thing?

But right now, we are short on time with the bank which may need to be re-applied again cause we aren't sure the CDC will be approved within the dates we need.
Yes I was told the same thing...

I wish I had asked them to add all the provisional allowances item per item though.

Definitely, the bank will still need to use the final contract to approve the loan.

FYI - there may be a huge cost difference from signed pre tender to final variations after colours if you make changes.

The idea is to ensure you only upgrade what is necessary and cannot be modified easily after handover.

Its wise to stick to what has been provided by KH or upgraded initially - there is always builders margin (huge) by the way. (not easy to swallow)

So what is your actual timeline from September 2020? that seems like a long wait.
Haddie
Yes I was told the same thing...

I wish I had asked them to add all the provisional allowances item per item though.

Definitely, the bank will still need to use the final contract to approve the loan.

FYI - there may be a huge cost difference from signed pre tender to final variations after colours if you make changes.

The idea is to ensure you only upgrade what is necessary and cannot be modified easily after handover.

Its wise to stick to what has been provided by KH or upgraded initially - there is always builders margin (huge) by the way. (not easy to swallow)

So what is your actual timeline from September 2020? that seems like a long wait.

I have already added a heap of different allowances for everything (eg: electrical, stairs, cabinets, garden....) at the first plan. The bank was the one that advised me to include as much allowance items as I needed as once the loan was pre-approved it was going to be hard to add more loan money.

I wanna try to keep what is given by KH, but worried ill get tempted to upgrade when I see them at the colours appt.

All this said, I'm not sure my build will happen yet.
My first plan was Sept2020, and it's been going back and forward between builder and us on the floorplan and then it was builder to bank and each time the bank had it, it took about 2mths proper replies. And now we're stuck at hydraulics stage so it's all about waiting which is a stressful not knowing if it will make the bank cut off date.
I can understand the frustration nearC

Maybe you can escalate to a manager to get this sorted quickly and let them know it affects bank approval.

"I will be contacting the body that sets out the hydraulics requirement, to know what the expectations are...etc." If you don't know, you can ask your CSO.

With regards to upgrades, wait till your CDC approval then and work based on budget and things you can do later.

All the best.
Haddie
I can understand the frustration nearC

Maybe you can escalate to a manager to get this sorted quickly and let them know it affects bank approval.

"I will be contacting the body that sets out the hydraulics requirement, to know what the expectations are...etc." If you don't know, you can ask your CSO.

With regards to upgrades, wait till your CDC approval then and work based on budget and things you can do later.

All the best.

Thanks for the advises Haddie.
I'll post if I get any new updates from KH.

Keep posting your updates, so excited for you.
Thanks excited for you too.
Let s keep the encouragement going
Are you building in NSW/QLD or elsewhere?
Haddie
Thanks excited for you too.
Let s keep the encouragement going
Are you building in NSW/QLD or elsewhere?

Im building in NSW, you?
NSW too nice
Haddie
NSW too nice

Haddie
Did you make changes to the floorplan from what was on the booklet or what they had at the display home?
I updated from the original to have the sitting room look like what they showed in the display home.
Hi nearC

Sorry do you mean the family near the dinning/kitchen or the living near the entrance door?

The layout looks same to me with the display for all glenleigh floor plans.

The difference is just the fireplace to family.

I may be missing something though...

We added an extra play room beside kitchen and extended the alfresco.
Haddie
Hi nearC

Sorry do you mean the family near the dinning/kitchen or the living near the entrance door?

The layout looks same to me with the display for all glenleigh floor plans.

The difference is just the fireplace to family.

I may be missing something though...

We added an extra play room beside kitchen and extended the alfresco.

KH has the display home Glenleigh41 at box Hill. The upstairs living/sitting space was modified - Its got the skylights and a wall divide the sitting room small to allow a study area.
Oh I see upstairs sitting.
You will not believe we added the study nooks on our plans before the display home was built. Just to find out that it had it. ( we almost thought it was stolen from our design 😁).
We made IT Nook 1 and 2
We did not add sky lights but intend to use illume skylights (artificial skylights) - we are doing this after build.
Haddie
Oh I see upstairs sitting.
You will not believe we added the study nooks on our plans before the display home was built. Just to find out that it had it. ( we almost thought it was stolen from our design 😁).
We made IT Nook 1 and 2
We did not add sky lights but intend to use illume skylights (artificial skylights) - we are doing this after build.

We made a small study room between the main bathroom and the master ensuite before we saw the display home and so now we'll have two study area.
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum