Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Boston 42

Page 1 of 1
Hey everyone.Did you know Clarendon Boston 42 from January 2021 to May 2021 go up $13,000 total price.Why?
Hi Wing,

I cant comment on this particular case as I don't work at Clarendon or have any inside knowledge, but what I can share is that building material prices have gone through the roof this year.

On average the research shows a 26% increase since January.

When you can find framing timber, it's is nearly double what we were paying at the beginning of the year. That is when you can find it.

We were phoning every supplier the week before last, and you can't get enough timber from a single supplier to build a house. Therefore, we have given up on timber for the moment and are using steel for our upcoming projects.

The increase in prices feeds through to every item that needs timber, from joinery, skirts, architraves, doors etc. We have even been notified of an upcoming steel price increase.

On top of that we are having supply issues with taps, basins, sinks as containers are getting delayed or stuck in ports.

So, I have no idea what the Boston 42's base price is and what the $13,000 increase represents as a percentage, but assuming its say $500,000, the increase is very minor and it sounds like Clarendon must be absorbing most of the increase or are using their buying power to lock in longer term prices.

And, the Boston is a very nice home. Back in 2004/2005 I was flat out building warehouses and so we engaged Clarendon for a KDR in Padstow Heights and it was a great experience. We ended up selling the home to some friends who still live there and the home is still standing.

So Wing, if you really like the Boston 42, my advice would be to lock in whatever price you can get in September 2021 as in my opinion, building prices are going to keep rising in the near term.

All the best

Simeon
Related
8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum