Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Custom build prices

Page 1 of 1
Greetings,

Would you be able to tell me what custom build prices per square are at the moment? Also, does that include site costs? Which custom builders are there in the market? (High end - low end both)

Kind Regards,
Shon
shon_rider
Greetings,

Would you be able to tell me what custom build prices per square are at the moment? Also, does that include site costs? Which custom builders are there in the market? (High end - low end both)

Kind Regards,
Shon

Hi Shon

We are designing building custom homes in Sydney so my comments are based on Sydney prices.

Basically with custom homes you can have anything you want (depending on site conditions) so prices can vary substantially depending on the design, site conditions, and specifications. We have a range of clients from those on tight budgets to those who aren't.

At the moment probably the cheapest custom home we can build would be around $2,500-2,600/sqm but we are also building homes for $4,500/sqm.

So, the advice we give new clients is that they should work out a budget and we work backwards from there. If you have a $750,000 budget and no adverse site conditions we can get you a 280- 300 sqm home. Typically the majority of our clients are in the $800-,950,000 range and you can get a pretty nice home for that.

If your site is steep and there is a lot of rock excavation, bushfire requirements etc and you add features such as exposed timber, wainscotting, a lift, meile appliances etc you can easily be around the $3000/sqm mark.

This range includes everything from design, demolition to landscaping and a concrete pool as our clients for the most part want us to manage the entire process.

There are heaps of custom builders in Sydney, just google and I am sure you will find someone in your area.

good luck

Simeon

Simeon
We are near Sydney looking to build a 330m2 custom home.
Preliminary tender came in at $2000/m2

Only thing that doesn't really include is landscaping.
So would the square price include garage and alfresco? My assumption is garage and alfresco won’t cost much when compared to other components in the house. Please advice me if wrong.
shon_rider
So would the square price include garage and alfresco? My assumption is garage and alfresco won’t cost much when compared to other components in the house. Please advice me if wrong.

Shon rider

yes thats an average across all the building gross floor area so it includes the alfesco and garage which will need a concrete slab, roof, ceilings, framing, lighting, and in the case of the garage a door and walls, tiling for the alfresco and a BBQ with joinery.

So there is still a fair bit of building work that goes into the alfresco and garage.

Cheers

Simeon
Related
15/02/2024
Welcome to 2024 - Gyprocking prices have increased 40%!

Building A New House

Tradie may sit at home but will need to get house plastered as well or will you sit it out?

2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum