Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Anyone building with Long Island homes??

Page 1 of 1
Hi I'm a novice and would like to build our first home with LIH. We have put a initial deposit of $1500 with them but we have not signed any contract yet and still have 60 days if we change our mind.

I am interested to know your experience with LIH.
[quote="gladysclyne"]Hi I'm a novice and would like to build our first home with LIH. We have put a initial deposit of $1500 with them but we have not signed any contract yet and still have 60 days if we change our mind.

I am interested to know your experience with LIH.[/quote

All I can say is good luck …. My experience with LiH so far as been stressful
Could you please explain to me in what way stressful? Thank you!
gladysclyne

Hi there we signed our contract early last year, chose all our colours the interior designer wasn’t helpful at all we were there for five hours everything was an extra cost which wasn’t an issue … problem is building still hasn’t started they are so slow I had to constantly chase them up with emails to see where the delays are ….I recently have also read the reviews pretty disappointing many u happy customers …. Where are you at with them
That's not good. Sorry to hear that. We have 4 more weeks to decide whether we would like to go through with them. We are under the impression that we would have any issues with any other builder.
Do you think there are delays more because of pandemic?
I don’t think COVID is the reason ,they are just slow and don’t follow up with delays until you question them …
We have just signed our paper work for LIH, any updates on your builds?
Blonde
We have just signed our paper work for LIH, any updates on your builds?

Please go through my reviews on their website and product review
Sebastian2004
gladysclyne

Hi there we signed our contract early last year, chose all our colours the interior designer wasn’t helpful at all we were there for five hours everything was an extra cost which wasn’t an issue … problem is building still hasn’t started they are so slow I had to constantly chase them up with emails to see where the delays are ….I recently have also read the reviews pretty disappointing many u happy customers …. Where are you at with them

my sister was the first to buy and sign a contract in a new estate.

they have taken so long and cost her so much with over a year delay to even begin the build.

A year ago she asked to change her tiles and door and they said she could not due to ordering. 15 months later they asked her for another 24,000 dollars and to choose new tiles as due to covid they were unable to put in an order.

then asked to her sign a revised contract which was a different house design and fasade.

they are extremally slow, have way to many people in the office, and generally unresponsive.
Related
7/08/2023
MGP10 pine for an island

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Are you going to have the frame exposed or are you cladding it with something. Usually if you are making an exposed frame you would use solid legs around 100x100 or…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

6/12/2023
How long to get the Cert of Occupancy issued?

Building A New House

Congratulations! Nice to put that to bed before christmas, now you can relax

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum