Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Adding rooms in the middle of build

Page 1 of 1
Adding additional rooms

Hi Guys,

We have already started our build and it is almost halfway done. Just realised that we have gone with smaller size and planning to check to add rooms.

Has anyone done something like this in the middle of the build? Need advice whether it’s a good thing to do now or build a tiny studio after the build.

Thanks
Bhaskar
Need advice whether it’s a good thing to do now or build a tiny studio after the build.

Changing a plan after you have started is almost always the most expensive way to build. Do the research and the sums, but I'd suggest as long as access to site remains easy an addition later on will come out cheaper.
arcadelt
Bhaskar
Need advice whether it’s a good thing to do now or build a tiny studio after the build.

Changing a plan after you have started is almost always the most expensive way to build. Do the research and the sums, but I'd suggest as long as access to site remains easy an addition later on will come out cheaper.

Thank you.
A builder may refuse to vary building works
In my view it will be better to make variations after your builder has completed the contract
Related
27/07/2023
Adding a toilet/wash room to small house

General Discussion

Hey, I am wanting to add a second toilet to my house, bit we have limited room. There is a hallway/entry that is never used, so was thinking this could be an option. Only…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum