Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Driveway

Page 1 of 1
Hi does anyone know what these sand like stains are all over my driveway and how can I get rid of them?

Cheers
Campbell

It looks more like a deterioration of the concrete surface than a stain.
It's a little hard to tell from the photos but it looks like it's a patterned concrete that the surface is breaking down.
Does the brown area look like it's above or below the surrounding surface?
It's above ,I tried CT50 from bunnings but it didn't even look at it, was thinking may need to grind it off but it's a huge driveway.
chippy
It looks more like a deterioration of the concrete surface than a stain.
It's a little hard to tell from the photos but it looks like it's a patterned concrete that the surface is breaking down.
Does the brown area look like it's above or below the surrounding surface?

It's above ,I tried CT50 from bunnings but it didn't even look at it, was thinking may need to grind it off but it's a huge driveway.
It could be worth trying a product called Orange Solv from a company called Citrus Resources.
You can buy a 500ml bottle from Godfreys vacuum shops. pour some on the stain and use a scourer to agitate and then hot water to remove the chemical.
Related
30/04/2023
Gravel Driveway

Building A New House

Thanks TamFed!

2/05/2023
Concrete driveway: joint spacing

Paving & Concreting

Hi all I need a guidance on how far I need to space expansion joints in the concrete driveway and its type (keyway/foam.) Contraction joints are at 3m max for a 125 slab. Thanks

3/05/2023
No provision for a discharge point for the driveway

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi All, We have a fall from road to garage front. But we cannot put a drain/grate because no discharge point put by the builder. Now they complain not enough space for…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum